Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Paying it Forward -- Free Clyde Jerseys!

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Paying it Forward -- Free Clyde Jerseys!

Old 04-05-19, 02:23 PM
escapefoot

Bikes: rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello one and all.

I am an old clydesdale from Canada.

Back in the early 1990s I was quite an active mtber, after a few decades of being a slack ass its time to start up again.

Dug out my old steel frame Specialized rockhopper

Time to start living the lifestyle again

Not looking for anything just wanted to say what a nice idea this is

Peace, beer and good pizza
Old 06-25-19, 07:46 PM
adrien

Bikes: Firefly custom Road, Ira Ryan custom road bike, Ira Ryan custom fixed gear

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrien
With apologies to all. Been very distracted of late; will tackle PMs and go from there over the coming week.
I've not been at my best. Split from my wife of many years has meant I haven't gotten to this. I'll go through PMs and get items out, as well as updating here, shortly.
Old 11-30-20, 07:05 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
Evening folks. So I was digging around in a container I have in my garage that has all my cold weather gloves and as I live in Florida, we do not use them a lot. Anyway, while I was matching up the gloves, I discovered that I had put 2 sets of Time ATAC Alium clipless pedals in there and forgotten all about them. I really don't need them and thought if anyone here was looking to start using Clipless pedals, these are fantastic pedals, still work like a champ and I have a set of the 13/17 degree cleats to go with them. These were my first Time Clipless and they are probably 11 or 12 years old, primary used on the road riding, but at some point, I did use them off road. I only use Time pedals as they just work great and have moved to some higher level ATAC's.

I would like to spread the wealth if at all possible, so if the are a couple of you out there, then great, else, if one one person responds and you have a couple of bikes, then they are yours. Just PM me your name and mailing address.

Old 12-27-20, 01:10 PM
kbar1982

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey 1x12 27.5x3, Diamondback Haanjo Metro

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Hey all, so I have a request, does anyone have any hand me down Clyde sized jerseys? My brother wants to get started riding with me, and as he has MAJOR social anxiety and self image issues (he's mild-moderate autistic), I think it would help him get in a better mental state about it if he looks the part. He's done an excellent job losing most of the weight he's gained as he hit his 30's, he was always super slim and then plumped up, so now some cardio and he's going to be in a really good place. I'm getting him set up at my bike shop with some kind of good beginners all round bike so he can do pavement and some light trails with me, will have him set up with padded shorts, gloves, decent shoes, etc etc, I want to make sure he's as comfortable as possible so he'll get the best experience and want to keep going. We both lived on bikes as kids and young adults, so he knows he enjoys riding, I think it'll be a good thing for him. He's currently about a 2x tshirt size, but I know he likes his clothes to fit loose (autisim things), so maybe 3 or even 4x jerseys would probably be best right now. And I'm absolutely happy to pay for them!! Thanks so much!!!
Old 02-17-21, 11:09 PM
ahultin

Bikes: 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000, 2014 Fuji Finest 1.5 (wife), 2008 Fuji Finest 1.0 (Daughter), 2012 Fuji Cross 2.0 (son), 2011 Cannondale Road Tandem 2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kbar1982
Hey all, so I have a request, does anyone have any hand me down Clyde sized jerseys? My brother wants to get started riding with me, and as he has MAJOR social anxiety and self image issues (he's mild-moderate autistic), I think it would help him get in a better mental state about it if he looks the part. He's done an excellent job losing most of the weight he's gained as he hit his 30's, he was always super slim and then plumped up, so now some cardio and he's going to be in a really good place. I'm getting him set up at my bike shop with some kind of good beginners all round bike so he can do pavement and some light trails with me, will have him set up with padded shorts, gloves, decent shoes, etc etc, I want to make sure he's as comfortable as possible so he'll get the best experience and want to keep going. We both lived on bikes as kids and young adults, so he knows he enjoys riding, I think it'll be a good thing for him. He's currently about a 2x tshirt size, but I know he likes his clothes to fit loose (autisim things), so maybe 3 or even 4x jerseys would probably be best right now. And I'm absolutely happy to pay for them!! Thanks so much!!!
Did you ever get something? If not PM me and Ill shoot something out.
Old 05-09-22, 01:02 PM
capzeyez

Bikes: 99 Univega Rover 308, 84 502 Raleigh Marathon

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have no cycling shoes, socks, jerseys or shorts. I simply just can't afford it right now due to some different priorities. If you or anyone else could spare a jersey I'd be extremely grateful.

I was 264-266 ish lbs at my doctors visit in December, if I had to guess I would say I'm 250 lbs currently. I'm a male and 6'4.
Old 06-03-22, 06:07 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 371 Posts
I have 2 jerseys and a base layer that I don't think will fit me again. I'm having trouble getting photos from my phone to me computer, so I'll try words:

1) Ralph Lauren grey with some black (and, I think, red, too) short sleeve 3/4 zip cycling jersey with 3 open pockets in back; wicking fabric. It measures 25" pit to pit and 21" at the bottom edge. BF member DKSIX very kindly sent it to me 5 years ago, and I've used it maybe 100 times. It still seems to be in very good condition, but it's not perfect. Note the measurements - I think they mean 50" chest and 42" waist. I used it with 45" chest and 45" waist. It worked, and the waist didn't seem to stretch out of shape. I think this is real, high quality, RL stuff, not promotional stuff with his name on it.

2) L L Bean Hiviz lime/yellow short sleeve 1/4 zip jersey with 2 open and one zipped pocket in back; wicking fabric. I measure it as 23" pit to pit and 23" at the bottom edge. I never liked this jersey, rode in it maybe a dozen times. Some pilling. It was supposed to be for 44" chest.

3) Champion Long Sleeve wicking T-shirt which I used a a base layer under a LS cycling jersey. 27" chest and waist, no pockets.

My intention is to send these to the first person who PMs me with their request for one (or, ideally, more) of the items.

Still available.

7/6/23 - all unavailable for mail, but the Champion base layer is available for local pickup in Evanston, IL.

Last edited by philbob57; 07-06-23 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-08-23, 08:16 AM
SammyJ 

Bikes: 2012 Caad 8 105; 1994 Trek 5500

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Free Jersey. Ladies Medium

Here it is, home somebody can use this.

Performance, new, never worn

I am grateful for the headwind that challenged me today!
I am grateful for the tailwind that helped me go fast!

Clydesdales and Athenas Strava Club
https://www.strava.com/clubs/clydesda...bikeforums-net