Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Lets keep E bike section for e bikes, and make a NEW section for gas bikes

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.
View Poll Results: Should we make a new section for gas bikes so its not in the E-bike section?
Yes
73.81%
No
26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-08, 02:24 PM
cheesepuff12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, first off, in this thread I want NO flaming. its rude an childish. second, I want this to be on topic, not about bashing moderators.

OK, here is the problem. many people want to talk about gas bikes, others don't want that kind of talk in the e-bike section. So why not make a section completely separate from e bikes? that way e bikers get to keep this section strictly e bikes, and the other will be strictly gas bikes and/or alternative means of prepultion. I think that way everyone wins.
Old 08-21-08, 02:33 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Bikes: Gary Fisher, Strong GT-S eBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
^ You got my vote!
Old 08-21-08, 03:21 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
great. thats a start.
Old 08-21-08, 05:35 PM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Please vote everyone because it helps me when I present my case to the BF Admin folk.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 08-21-08, 06:28 PM
porschetoyz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zeuser
^ You got my vote!
ditto.

Peace.
Best regards,
B.
Old 08-21-08, 07:58 PM
crackerdog

Bikes: xtracycle, electric recumbent, downtube folder and more

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds good. Electric and gas motorized bikes have mostly different issues, except that they are both bikes but then so are recumbents and uprights.
Old 08-21-08, 08:11 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I see we are getting somewhere with this. Very good! this way we can forget the old thread. it was getting too off topic. Spread the word folks!
Old 08-23-08, 09:28 AM
electrogreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Come on guys, how can you have a poll that is simply yes or no?

Electric bikes are electric bikes. Gas powered bikes are mopeds or motorcycles. Neither one of those belong on this forum. There are many other forums for people to post who have interest in internal combustion engine powered cycles. Let them post there so I don't have to wade through a bunch or posts that are not directly related to this forum.

I get the feeling I may not be the most popular poster, but I'm not running for president. I just want to go to the electric bike forum and find posts about electric bikes. I don't believe that it is unreasonable.
Old 08-23-08, 10:35 AM
Allen

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Except for people belly aching and whining about gas bikes, there has been, what one maybe two, threads started about gas powered bikes?

Y'all remember when this forum first started and people like Robbie Hatfield, and his sock puppets and sycophants did everything they could to make it miserable. Well, guess what?

You may have to see a thread about a kind of bike you don't really like once or twice a month. Grow up and get over it, and quit your constant sniveling.

Last edited by Allen; 08-23-08 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 02:28 AM
davadio
ebike commuter

Bikes: Izip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I click on Electric Bikes I want to learn about electric bikes. Nothing else.
Old 08-24-08, 04:58 AM
Sianelle 
Sister Annie

Bikes: Retro Hercules adult tricycle, 1953 Hercules ladies roadster, 1950s Wearwell fixed gear 'Club' pathracer, 1980s Malvern Star 'Super Star', 1980s Healing GTX-105 Arabesque, 1980's Morrison Concorde & etc & etc.......

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If anybody forces you to read a post about gas powered bicycles I shall red card them immediately.
OMNIPOTENS aeterne Deus, qui nos secundum imaginem Tuam plasmasti, et omnia bona, vera, pulchra, praesertim in divina persona Unigeniti Filii Tui Domini nostri Iesu Christi, quaerere iussisti, praesta quaesumus ut, per intercessionem Sancti Isidori, Episcopi et Doctoris, in peregrinationibus per interrete factis et manus oculosque ad quae Tibi sunt placita intendamus et omnes quos convenimus cum caritate ac patientia accipiamus. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
Old 08-24-08, 02:24 PM
Allen

Originally Posted by davadio
When I click on Electric Bikes I want to learn about electric bikes. Nothing else.

Oh the horror of it all.

Last edited by Tom Stormcrowe; 08-29-08 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 03:19 PM
davadio
ebike commuter

Bikes: Izip

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sianelle
If anybody forces you to read a post about gas powered bicycles I shall red card them immediately.
Who said anything about being forced to read anything? Sarcasm seems a poor defense for an illogical idea like mixing the e-bike and gasoline-bike sections.
Old 08-24-08, 05:01 PM
electrogreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AllenG
Except for people belly aching and whining about gas bikes, there has been, what one maybe two, threads started about gas powered bikes?

Y'all remember when this forum first started and people like Robbie Hatfield, and his sock puppets and sycophants did everything they could to make it miserable. Well, guess what?

You may have to see a thread about a kind of bike you don't really like once or twice a month. Grow up and get over it, and quit your constant sniveling.
When someone designs a question where yes means no and no means yes, then I have a problem. The poll question is way too vague. When I vote to keep ICE powered motorbikes off the forum, I'm actually allowing them on the forum.
Old 08-24-08, 05:55 PM
Allen

Originally Posted by electrogreen
When someone designs a question where yes means no and no means yes, then I have a problem. The poll question is way too vague. When I vote to keep ICE powered motorbikes off the forum, I'm actually allowing them on the forum.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

There is no place on this board to discuss motor assisted bikes except in the Ebike section.
There has been a grand total of two (2) threads started by petrol powered bike owners, one of which had no responses.
The vehemence of a vocal minority of members against even discussing ICE bikes has been astounding, especially given the ridicule ebike owners were given before this sub-forum was started.

The inability to tolerate even a single question makes y'all sound like a bunch of crying babies trying to prove some moral superiority.

Last edited by Allen; 08-24-08 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-24-08, 07:57 PM
cerewa
put our Heads Together

Bikes: a mountain bike with a cargo box on the back and aero bars on the front. an old well-worn dahon folding bike

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The inability to tolerate even a single question makes y'all sound like a bunch of crying babies trying to prove some moral superiority
+1

and moral superiority is rather questionable when some of the e-bikes in question use coal to charge their short-lived, toxic, lead batteries. (though they're still 10 times better than a 3000 pound steel contraption)
Old 08-25-08, 08:58 AM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This has been my point all along: Don't mix gas bikes and electric bikes in the same forum. Laws are different, components are different and even the clientele are different. It would cause nothing but confusion.

I've got nothing against the gas bikes having a place to discuss, just don't mix it up with the Electric guys.
Old 08-25-08, 11:21 AM
Allen

This has been my point all along: Don't mix gas bikes and electric bikes in the same forum. Laws are different, components are different and even the clientele are different. It would cause nothing but confusion.

I've got nothing against the gas bikes having a place to discuss, just don't mix it up with the Electric guys.
What I'm saying Z, is there is not enough traffic to warrant a stand alone forum for gas bikes. There have only been two threads started about ICE bikes--two. And I doubt seriously that anyone from IB would actually take the time to open a new forum anyway.

Last edited by Allen; 08-25-08 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-25-08, 09:16 PM
cheesepuff12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lets all be civilized about this. obviously there has been a huge spike in attention when it comes to these bikes powered by things other than electricity, or else we wouldn't even be having this thread. I started it cuz there is a growing number of people who want to talk about this stuff, as well as many people who dont want that stuff talked about in the e-bike section. whats the big problem about making a new section for that stuff to keep it from being in here?
Old 08-25-08, 10:22 PM
Allen

The problem is that there is not enough traffic dealing with ICE bikes to warrant a stand alone forum.
So, where else is one supposed to ask questions about motor assisted but non electric bikes but here?
Old 08-26-08, 08:42 AM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Then why even bother with ICE bikes at all?

Kill the ICE bike sticky, remove the two polls and lets forget about it.

If there really isn't any interest at all, why even bother?
Old 08-26-08, 12:43 PM
Allen

Then why even bother with ICE bikes at all?

Kill the ICE bike sticky, remove the two polls and lets forget about it.

If there really isn't any interest at all, why even bother?
Z,
What's it hurt?
There is some interest, and ICE bikes have more in common with Ebikes than any other types of bikes on these forums.
If someone posts a thread about an ICE bike just don't respond, not so hard.
Old 08-26-08, 12:58 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by AllenG
Z,
What's it hurt?
There is some interest, and ICE bikes have more in common with Ebikes than any other types of bikes on these forums.
If someone posts a thread about an ICE bike just don't respond, not so hard.
didn't you just say a few posts ago that interest is virtually non-existant?

And I won't respond to an ICE thread unless some is confusing eBikes and ICE bikes. Notice my total absence in the only ICE thread (other than the 2 polls) ?
Old 08-26-08, 01:08 PM
Allen

I missed the word really in your previous post, I read it as, "If there isn't any interest at all, why even bother?", sorry.
I just don't understand the want to ban ICE bikes from the forums.
I'll rally for their right to be discussed in the same way I did for Ebikes.

Personally I think ICE bikes are noisy and stink, but they are legitimate bikes and just because they may not be one's personal taste is no reason to ban them.

Last edited by Allen; 08-26-08 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-26-08, 01:16 PM
Zeuser
e-Biker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You do understand that my interest in all this is just to avoid confusion. You have people coming in here asking about eBike laws all the time. ICE bike laws are different in many areas, they're banned in many places now.

I've seen confusion regarding ICE vs. eBike break out on other forums (power assist mailing list) and it would be nice to avoid it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.