Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ear protection when pumping tires

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ear protection when pumping tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 08:09 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10413 Post(s)
Liked 11,875 Times in 6,082 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
yeah man it must have been a new guy on the force or something. I know all the other motorcycle cops. I guess sometimes life throws you a hardball and you cant do anything about it
Except maybe pay your fine, so it doesn't come back and bite you in the ass.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 07-07-22, 08:10 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4245 Post(s)
Liked 1,351 Times in 937 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
My observation is that the cops in Woodside generally allow traffic to flow, with most drivers doing slight rolls, as long as everyone takes their turn, so I suspect Larry may have jumped the gun.
That seems reasonable.

It might be more interesting to see Larry try to rationalize it.
Likes For njkayaker:
Old 07-07-22, 08:15 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
i didnt do anything wrong, a car and I got there at the same time and I assumed he would yield to me. he didnt and we both stopped and waved at each other. then this newbie cop pulls me over. I was indignant and dismissive, he is a clown. I have a good relationship with woodside PD. That was a bad look for them
Old 07-07-22, 08:17 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
We all lose sometimes and I lost to heavy hitters. Heck after the ride yesterday I rode home with this gal Linda Jackson (cyclist) - Wikipedia. I mean sure she is lowkey old and washed up now but still, if she trained a bit shed probably smoke us on any race over 100 miles. Nothing wrong with losing to faster people. It makes you stronger

Nothing says class like calling a woman, " lowkey old and washed up" . That is sure to put you in a high place.

Old 07-07-22, 08:28 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Nothing says class like calling a woman, " lowkey old and washed up" . That is sure to put you in a high place.
She is my friend id say it to her face lol. She could probably still whoop us in very long distance races. shes a heavy hitter if a bit washed up
Old 07-07-22, 08:57 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

not trying to brag or be weird but I almost certainly know how to interface with traffic better than any of you and cause less disruption to the cars. I used to do it for a living

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 07-07-22, 09:04 PM
jaxgtr

She is my friend id say it to her face lol. She could probably still whoop us in very long distance races. shes a heavy hitter if a bit washed up

Doesn't matter, you never treat a woman that way, period, friend or not. Self respect for your "friend" and yourself goes a long way. There is a friend of my wife's that I am not a fan of, would rather she not hang out with her, to me, is she a life stealing succubus, but, when ever she is at our house, we are at her's, or out together with her husband, I always treat her with respect as I know she is my wife's long time close friend and I would never want to do anything that will interrupt that.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 07-08-22, 12:50 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Welp this got way off track, thank you Larry.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind: