Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Zwift Training Plan

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Zwift Training Plan

Old 12-12-22, 10:29 PM
koolerb

Bikes: CAAD 12, ROS 9+, and some others

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Zwift Training Plan

Does anyone have any training plans in Zwift they really like?

I looked at some today and were either too short, not very challenging, or too long. I’m looking for a plan that’s pretty challenging with workouts in the 45-60 min ballpark.
Old 12-13-22, 04:45 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked 1,523 Times in 727 Posts
I did Zwift's 60 minute 4 week climb plan when I started. It was a good entry, I learned a lot of the lingo and got stronger.

All the training blocks I've done have a similar weekly cadence, something like 3 days of interval training (about 45 minute workouts), rest day, 2 days of long easy riding (2-3 hours), rest day.
Old 12-13-22, 05:24 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4385 Post(s)
Liked 4,826 Times in 2,982 Posts
Zwift is not great for structured training plans. They are basically all short term generic plans and not very well thought out. You would be better off getting a decent plan from the likes of TrainerRoad and importing the sessions into Zwift.
Old 12-13-22, 06:41 AM
BTinNYC 

Bikes: Bicycles? Yup.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked 1,523 Times in 727 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Zwift is not great for structured training plans. They are basically all short term generic plans and not very well thought out. You would be better off getting a decent plan from the likes of TrainerRoad and importing the sessions into Zwift.
I'm doing what Pete suggested, using TrainingPeaks, and there's a HUGE difference in quality.

The workouts are tuned to your ability based on FTP and HR. The algorithms are very accurate IMO, the workouts are hard enough that I feel like quitting but not so hard I have to quit.