Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with Pasela Panaracer 27 X 1 1/4 tires on Gravel?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Anyone have experience with Pasela Panaracer 27 X 1 1/4 tires on Gravel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 08:22 PM
old's'cool
curmudgineer

Bikes: 2 many 2 fit here

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 70 Posts
I respect everything you post, dddd. but a multitude of success stories does not counteract one tale of woe, when it comes to reliability and reputation (for a given mission).
It boils down to, is the Pasela a tire designed primarily for gravel riding? I don't think so. Can it handle it occasionally, and/or with a little luck? I guess so.
I still have Paselas on one or two bikes that I use for pleasure riding, where the consequence of a flat is fairly minor, and the likelihood is low due to a lightly loaded bike. For commuting, reliability rises in importance, and I choose tires accordingly.

Last edited by old's'cool; 06-08-22 at 08:23 PM. Reason: dddduh
Old 06-08-22, 10:26 PM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 834 Post(s)
Liked 2,125 Times in 554 Posts
There is something to be said about picking a line.
Old 06-11-22, 12:55 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input. I know sometimes it seems that people ask the same questions about the same topics, and thus the snarks seem to bleed into the discussion... I think my initial question was somewhat unique (and specific) to warrant a thread on it's own, and I really feel I've gotten some good advice by posting. I'm going to give the Paselas a go, and maybe I'll "resurrect the zombie thread" with my own update and input.