Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Hubs on 2022 Specialized Roubaix Comp

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 06-17-22, 01:31 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts

Greetings! I picked up a brand new wheelset from a 2022 Roubaix Comp. Rims are DT Swiss R470db. Hubs are... yeah, who knows. The website says "Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub," but an in an online chat with Spesh I was told that they have no documentation for working on those hubs. No doubt they are rebranded, but from whom? Anyway, I have all the bits for the existing TA XD setup to QR Shimano (I know I have the correct parts because they came with the wheels). Can anyone steer me to the correct hub manufacturer or any other useful info? And in case anyone is wondering, there are no identifying graphics. Each flange on the rear has X U stamped into it, flanges on the front hub are stamped with U I D. Thanks!
Old 06-17-22, 01:41 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,779 Times in 3,297 Posts
The Axis hubs on my Tarmac seem to be very similar to many DT Swiss designs. It's very probable that Specialized has DT Swiss make Axis hubs exclusively for Specialized and no actual documentation for them is available to us.

Maybe chat up your favorite Specialized bike mechanic or just browse DT Swiss's assembly diagrams for something that looks close.
Old 06-17-22, 03:46 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
Making some progress through identifying the Shimano freehub, which is definitely a DT Swiss 11 speed ratchet hub. So, made for Spesh by DT. From pics,

it's obvious which of the adapter bits goes on the ds rear, but does anyone know which of the others goes where?
​​​​​​
Old 06-17-22, 08:13 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4191 Post(s)
Liked 3,834 Times in 2,293 Posts
One could work from the drive side first and end up on the NDS to see which LH end cap fits your drop out width. Andy
Old 06-18-22, 08:51 PM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 318 Posts
The far right cap and the one on the freehub are DT Swiss end caps. I do not recognize the two caps on the left. The NDS cap is the one on the far right, the one with the silver.

Note that the QR caps on the NDS has two sizes, one for a 130mm and 135mm hub spacing. You probably have the 135mm, but something to consider when test fitting.