Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Giant revolt sizing

Old 09-04-20, 02:29 PM
Grimfish74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Giant revolt sizing

Looking to buy a 2020 used Revolt advances 0 size M it’s a very good price but I’m 5’11 and looking at the Giant website it looks like I’m more suited to a size M/L. Although it does say 5’7 to 5’11 for a M. The bike will be posted so it’s a bit of a gamble really regarding the fit. Can any revolt owners advise who are of same height.
The other thing to add is I’m more long legged 32” inseam and short body, I do find with road bikes In a size 56 that I usually have to shorten the stem.
Thanks for reading.
Old 09-05-20, 03:22 AM
tangerineowl

Bikes: Curve Grovel v2 ti

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 73 Posts
Wouldn't say your inseam for height is that long. I'm 5'9.5"/34".

There's only 4mm difference in the reach between the M (381mm) and M/L, so you might end up running a bit longer stem on the M.

Stack height on the M may be a touch low, depending on how you prefer the front end.
Old 09-06-20, 07:18 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
I'm 6' with a 33" inseam and ride a M/L Revolt. I've ridden 56's in other brands.
Old 09-11-20, 07:06 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
I'm 5'11" with a 32" Inseam with a size...... large Revolt. I did shorten the stem but that was because I went with wider 50cm bars. I prefer my gravel bike with a longer top-tube, but if you find yourself shortening the reach on a 56, then I would definitely size down if needed.
Old 09-17-20, 07:50 PM
jcg878

Bikes: make me happy

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
5”11, 31 inch inseam here and I normally ride a 56 cm road bike (Domane 2013). My ML Revolt fits me perfectly. I was fitted with a 90mm stem and hated it, switched to the 100mm that I think was stock and I may even try longer.
Old 09-21-20, 05:00 PM
grannygears

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Revolt Sizing

You may want to go and see it but if you were asking me straight up sight unseen I would say the M might be a bit small. I own a new 2021 Revolt Advanced 0 in size L and I am 6'1" tall with a 34" inseam and id say it fits me perfectly. However a good friend of mine rides the exact same bike in a ML and he is 5'10" tall and he likes it. I'd think you would have a tonne of seat post exposed on a M at your height. With my 34" inseam I have 75% of my seatpost exposed on my size L. I may be wrong but my gut feeling is it would be a bit small. Good luck!
Old 03-03-21, 10:49 AM
VaMoots

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm glad I saw this after searching. I'm looking at a Revolt Advanced 2 and the shop tells me I need an XL. I'm 6'2" but have a 32 inch inseam and I think the XL will be too big. They have it in both a L and and XL and I half think they are trying to get ride of the XL because not many will need that size. They also tried to sell my GF a bike that was too small for her rather than build up one from the warehouse.
Old 03-03-21, 11:23 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10897 Post(s)
Liked 7,384 Times in 4,144 Posts
Originally Posted by VaMoots
I'm glad I saw this after searching. I'm looking at a Revolt Advanced 2 and the shop tells me I need an XL. I'm 6'2" but have a 32 inch inseam and I think the XL will be too big. They have it in both a L and and XL and I half think they are trying to get ride of the XL because not many will need that size. They also tried to sell my GF a bike that was too small for her rather than build up one from the warehouse.
Your cycling inseam is only 32" at 6'2? Yeah, that may be a tough fit.
Revolt sizing is goofy- the size XL stack is quite low for being a gravel bike in their largest size, and claiming 6'7 people would fit is is questionable. Sure some would make it work, but me at 6'5 wouldnt want to have to kludge together a fit for that bike so Im not sure why someone even taller would want to.

The stack height is probably good for your height in general. And the reach is probably 5ish mm longer than an average of gravel bikes for your height. But a 32" cycling inseam(different from pant inseam) could be tough to fit since the Revolt slopes a good bit as is.
Old 04-29-21, 05:43 AM
HampusP

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have also been having a hard time choosing size. In my case between ML and L. I am 184 cm, inseam 88 cm (approx 6" and 34-35 inches), hopefully it will work out well. Can get back when tested if it could help/guide anyone!

Cheers
Old 05-10-21, 04:58 PM
grannygears

Originally Posted by HampusP
I have also been having a hard time choosing size. In my case between ML and L. I am 184 cm, inseam 88 cm (approx 6" and 34-35 inches), hopefully it will work out well. Can get back when tested if it could help/guide anyone!

Cheers
I would think L all day long
Old 05-10-21, 09:06 PM
Joeyseven

Bikes: Fairdale Goodship

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VaMoots
I'm about the same size. A little more length on both measurements.
Knowing what I like in sizing and ride about 40/60 , I would lean more toward a large and add to the stem if needed.

I still need to test ride both sizes.
Also looking at the Kona Libre CR, MARIN HEADLANDS 2 and maybe the Diverge Carbon.

Also I would try another bike shop or Giant dealer.

Last edited by Joeyseven; 05-10-21 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-11-21, 05:06 AM
HampusP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! And great to hear since I ordered the bike in size Large
Old 05-14-21, 08:02 PM
woodcraft

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 569 Posts
That's revolting!

(I just wanted to say that...)
Old 05-21-21, 08:11 AM
HampusP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grannygears
Your were perfectly right. I am just 1 cm from being exposing too much of the saddle post. If I would have chosen the M/L with a 2 cm shorter seat tube I would have had to buy a new and longer seat post with my 34-35" inseam.
Old 05-21-21, 08:32 AM
grannygears

Originally Posted by HampusP
Your were perfectly right. I am just 1 cm from being exposing too much of the saddle post. If I would have chosen the M/L with a 2 cm shorter seat tube I would have had to buy a new and longer seat post with my 34-35" inseam.
Like I said I have a 2021 Giant Revolt Advanced 0 in size L. I am 6'1" or 185 cm tall with a 34" cycling inseam. On the front of the d-fuse stem I am at 53mm on the measurement written on the post without the rubber cover installed. If you are around the same height as me I don't see how you are a couple cm from exposing all the seat post???

I couldn't imagine the stretch and reach to the bars on an XL it would be too long, I already bought a shorter 90mm stem to reduce the reach. A M/L certainly I would be almost maxing out the seat post stem. The L is the perfect size to allow enough seat post exposed to take advantage of the suspension the seat post has with its d-fuse technology. Enjoy the bike, they are amazing!
Old 05-21-21, 08:41 AM
HampusP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Like I said I have a 2021 Giant Revolt Advanced 0 in size L. I am 6'1" or 185 cm tall with a 34" cycling inseam. On the front of the d-fuse stem I am at 53mm on the measurement written on the post without the rubber cover installed. If you are around the same height as me I don't see how you are a couple cm from exposing all the seat post???

I couldn't imagine the stretch and reach to the bars on an XL it would be too long, I already bought a shorter 90mm stem to reduce the reach. A M/L certainly I would be almost maxing out the seat post stem. The L is the perfect size to allow enough seat post exposed to take advantage of the suspension the seat post has with its d-fuse technology. Enjoy the bike, they are amazing!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, english is not my native language... I meant that I was 1 cm from maxing the seat post in the perspective of being 1 cm from the limit line. So in other words, with the rubber removed I am 1 cm from seing the limit line (below that line there is apprximately 10 cm or so of the seat post). And I agrere, It feels like an amazing bike!
Old 05-21-21, 09:31 AM
Herzlos

Bikes: Way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 584 Times in 345 Posts
There's a chart on their website with the sizing under "what's my size" https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/revolt-advanced-0
That's for the 2021 model but I'd expect the sizing to be the same/similar.
It sounds like you could get away with either the M or ML.
Old 10-08-21, 04:32 PM
otis2019

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alright so I'm going to add to the fit questions. I'm 5'10"-5'11" range with an inseam 33"-33.5" (measurement error). I'm new to gravel so I'm not sure on sizing, some seem to indicate go a bit longer others not. I currently ride a Cervelo R3 road in 56cm and it seems to fit me well. I'm not a super flexible rider so I don't get real low, have a few spacer. Can get a size L right now or continue to shop and look for a M/L. Thoughts?
Old 10-09-21, 07:52 AM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Originally Posted by otis2019
Alright so I'm going to add to the fit questions. I'm 5'10"-5'11" range with an inseam 33"-33.5" (measurement error). I'm new to gravel so I'm not sure on sizing, some seem to indicate go a bit longer others not. I currently ride a Cervelo R3 road in 56cm and it seems to fit me well. I'm not a super flexible rider so I don't get real low, have a few spacer. Can get a size L right now or continue to shop and look for a M/L. Thoughts?
Fit on modern gravel bikes IMO is closer to sizing for a modern MTB. I 5'11" with a 32-33" inseam and I previously rode a size L Revolt. I sold my first Revolt last year (unrelated reason) and recently I got the Revolt Advanced in XL. This allowed me to have a higher stack height w/o using an angled stem, as well as a shorter stem and wider bars for handling that I *personally* prefer. I have plenty of standover too running 700 x 42.99? tires (If you know, you know).

TL: DR - For a Road fit, size according to your road bike. For a more MTB fit, size up.
Old 09-16-22, 03:03 PM
Darylb23

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
From reading through this, at 6'0" with a 31" inseam, it appears M/L in the Revolt makes sense. Sound right?
Old 09-16-22, 03:09 PM
DarKris

Originally Posted by Darylb23
From reading through this, at 6'0" with a 31" inseam, it appears M/L in the Revolt makes sense. Sound right?
honestly I started sizing around Stack/Reach since I’m 5-11 with 31-32” inseam and running an XL just to use a shorter stem
Old 09-16-22, 07:35 PM
Darylb23

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DarKris
honestly I started sizing around Stack/Reach since I’m 5-11 with 31-32” inseam and running an XL just to use a shorter stem

Interesting. Stack and reach weren’t a thing when I was last in cycling so I’m a bit lost trying to use measurements to figure it out. Unfortunately I can’t find a physical bike to try yet so until then I’m sort of speculating. I still don’t think I could do an xl but that makes me think a large is in play. Thanks.
Old 09-17-22, 11:20 AM
lasauge 
Pedalin' Erry Day

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked 363 Times in 195 Posts
Another data point: I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam (a 56cm square road frame is perfect for me) and ML is my size for the Revolt, but size L works acceptably for me as well.
Old 09-17-22, 11:24 AM
Darylb23

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lasauge
Another data point: I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam (a 56cm square road frame is perfect for me) and ML is my size for the Revolt, but size L works acceptably for me as well.

I appreciate it. Shop near me is supposed to be getting some but every time I call they say they are still coming. From what he told me if I order it online I could get it quicker than him but without being sure about the size I don't want to roll the dice.