Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Schwalbe G-One Allround versions

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-22, 08:01 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts

I called Schwalbe directly and spoke with the technician.
https://www.schwalbetires.com/contact/

SCHWALBE NORTH AMERICA

Ferndale, WA 98248
United States
Toll Free 1-888-700-5860 (M-F 8am - 4:30pm PDT)

I wanted to know why the pricing of the G-One Allround seems to be different depending on the vendor.
Old 08-29-22, 08:42 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6935 Post(s)
Liked 10,940 Times in 4,674 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
I wanted to know why the pricing of the G-One Allround seems to be different depending on the vendor.
You have never noticed that different sellers sometimes charge different prices for the same item? Seriously?
Old 08-29-22, 10:53 PM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
You have never noticed that different sellers sometimes charge different prices for the same item? Seriously?
I ended up calling Schwalbe and talked with the tech guy. He explained that Schwalbe from time to time will manufacture different versions of that G-One Allround. This explains why some vendors are still carrying an older version. To get the most current version, the tech says to order directly from Schwalbe.
Old 08-30-22, 06:30 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6935 Post(s)
Liked 10,940 Times in 4,674 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
I ended up calling Schwalbe and talked with the tech guy. He explained that Schwalbe from time to time will manufacture different versions of that G-One Allround. This explains why some vendors are still carrying an older version. To get the most current version, the tech says to order directly from Schwalbe.
Your original post states nothing about different versions...And you've still not posed any question.

Why are you posting?
Old 08-30-22, 06:53 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
If I called Schwalbe, I would ask them why they insist on making their lineup so confusing that I stop trying to figure out which tire I want because buying tires shouldnt be so difficult.
They have like 42 Marathon tires, and I dont mean just various sizes, but rather various levels of speed and protection too- and they use a few terms to describe all of them.
Same for the G-One tires- there are endless number of speeds, compounds, qualities, etc.

Schwalbe manages to put Vittoria and their endless Corsa line to shame. Oh, and Schwalbe laughs at Panaracer and its GravelKing line.
Thats impressive.
Old 08-30-22, 07:49 AM
boozergut

Bikes: Kona Dew, Gary Fisher Paragon, Salsa Campeon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 79 Posts
Well I'll probably jinx myself, but I love my Marathon Plus tires. No flats and I'm riding on all kinds of surfaces. I'll take some minor company hiccups to get puncture free rides.