Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Odd feeling in the ol' crotch area (for dudes) question...

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Odd feeling in the ol' crotch area (for dudes) question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-21, 07:55 AM
rydabent
Banned

Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Tour II

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3352 Post(s)
Liked 1,056 Times in 635 Posts
But a recumbent bike or trike would eliminate that problem. If you mountain bike you need a DF frame, and you will have to live with it.
Old 09-05-21, 09:15 AM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
But a recumbent bike or trike would eliminate that problem. If you mountain bike you need a DF frame, and you will have to live with it.
True, because it would completely destroy his will to pedal at all if those were his only choices. Hence, no more pain.
Likes For AdkMtnMonster:
Old 09-05-21, 08:08 PM
Airfehr

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 48 Posts
I'm no doctor but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn. Posting a pick of the problem area. Advice will follow.
Old 09-06-21, 06:04 PM
Squire93

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
This is a common problem for dudes that are bikers. I was researching the inability to maintain a woody.(an erection) Go ahead and laugh, see what happens when you hit 67 years old. Anyway one of the reasons listed by Web MD was bicycle seats and the area they put pressure on. It cuts off the blood supply and may even cause damage to the transverse perineal branch. They suggest getting a seat with padding, wear padding or get those seats with that area removed or depressed. Just setting on a bicycle can cause problems in your Taint(perineal) area. So the solution is to get a better seat. I got a fatter seat with suspension so I sit on my glutes (ass) not on my Taint. I wish you all the best.
Old 09-06-21, 06:23 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
The OP likely has some form of prostatitis or urethritis, likely from his specific anatomy and how he interfaces (pun not intended, butt I’ll take it!) with his saddle and overall bike position.

Last edited by AdkMtnMonster; 09-06-21 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Auto fill is not always helpful.
Likes For AdkMtnMonster: