Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2022 Trek FX Sport

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

2022 Trek FX Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-23, 02:35 PM
FrozenBiker 

Bikes: FX Sport 4 Carbon, Nishiki Hybrid (1x9 mod), Raleigh Sport Comfort

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
I have been a long time customer at this place and they did not charge me, but I can't speak to more than myself or what other shops do. I paid them off in homemade gingersnaps anyway.
The Trek retailers in my area are factory stores, and i was told that he cannot do an even swap. And while the "Power" brand did not feel
horrible during a test ride of the Sport 5 today, I'd still prefer Shimano for longevity, and at least have a test ride with them for comparison.
The bike felt otherwise decent, although the RD had an occasional clunk (most likely a small adjustment needed).

I'm finding it difficult to justify this as a $2100 + tax bike as it sits (no tubeless tires and the possible brakes issue later. ...Decisions
Old 03-10-23, 04:10 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by FrozenBiker
The Trek retailers in my area are factory stores, and i was told that he cannot do an even swap. And while the "Power" brand did not feel
horrible during a test ride of the Sport 5 today, I'd still prefer Shimano for longevity, and at least have a test ride with them for comparison.
The bike felt otherwise decent, although the RD had an occasional clunk (most likely a small adjustment needed).

I'm finding it difficult to justify this as a $2100 + tax bike as it sits (no tubeless tires and the possible brakes issue later. ...Decisions
Yep, I completely get you on the cost, I had paid for mine before the cost increase, so I saved a few bucks there. I always look at tires like saddles, while the bike come with a saddle, it generally not what you want, so you immediately change it out. I generally do the same on tires depending on the model and such, but I am picky on some things, so I build stuff like that in on cost. Most people are not going to run this bike tubeless, so I can see why they deliver with standard tires and tubes, but if the owner wants to run tubeless, replace the tires and you are good to go.

All things being what they are, the brakes if you want to replace would be less than $60 for both the handles and the calipers if I remember correctly, and you could still use the rotors that come on the bike. Since Shimano is moving to cues, might be able to save some bucks down the road and pick up a pair once cues hits the market.

Old 03-31-23, 02:34 PM
cemark

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Finally got the caps for the Aeolus Pro37's to work with the thru skew axles and got everything installed. Set it up tubeless with 700x40 Pirelli Centurato Gravel H tires and replaced the Shimano RT10 rotors with some new Shimano Ultegra RT800 Rotors that were spares I had for my old Domane before I got rid of it. I also pulled the 11-42 and replaced it with a 12-25 as I have no need for a 11-42 in very flat Florida. Rides like a dream.

What shifters and brake levers did you use?
I am thinking about converting my dropbar grx 810 bicycle to flat bar. Dropbar is killing my back.
Old 03-31-23, 06:15 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by cemark
What shifters and brake levers did you use?
I am thinking about converting my dropbar grx 810 bicycle to flat bar. Dropbar is killing my back.

Shimano hydraulic disc, MT201 lever, UR300 caliper, Rotors are SM-RT54 in 160mm

Likes For jaxgtr: