Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Comfortable seat for Giant Roam 2019?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-22, 08:25 AM
Thinthatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently went out for a longer ride than I am used to, and not having touched the bike for many weeks I am probably out of condition and my sit bones (as I think they are called) are a little tender.
The seat on the bike is the standard issue, but I am wondering if there is anything more comfortable on the market that is tried and tested?
Maybe something with a little more padding?
Old 09-06-22, 01:22 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Saddles are going to vary from person to person.. What one person loves another might hate. I suggest you measure, or get measured, for your sit bones. That will let you know the width of saddle that is a good fit. Even then, saddles are a roll of the dice.

I'd suggest buying from a reputable place that allows exchanges. I know Trek allows a 30-day no condition return or exchange..

Good luck!
Old 09-16-22, 03:17 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
^
Thanks for the tip. I think i am just going to go with a Selle SMP Extra......(Maybe in white)
Old 04-18-23, 01:44 PM
Ryan_M

Bikes: Some

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 69 Posts
Yup saddles are way to personal for someone to recommend one. I suggest looking at the used market, bought all of my saddles that way. Most good saddles have only been used a handful of times, likely they bought it, tried it, and hated it. You can try a bunch of different makes and styles and if it doesn't work out sell it for what you bought it for.

Also less padding is generally recommended. You want the saddle to fit your shape properly so only minimal padding is required, if at all. Excessive padding will increase friction.

Last edited by Ryan_M; 04-18-23 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-18-23, 02:29 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Saddles may be a personal thing. That's clearly the group think. I don't know. What I can say with some authority is: generally men sit too high, and set the saddle too far from the bars. Women tend to sit too low. When these issues are corrected a lot of saddles that were previously unacceptable become quite comfortable. Oftentimes that includes the OEM saddle.