Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

CarryOn bag by tern

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

CarryOn bag by tern

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-23, 07:29 AM
louisthedog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CarryOn bag by tern

Hi folks,
I just joined up... still need to find my way around the forums. My question: does anyone use the tern CarryOn bag to transport their folding bike? If so, could you please tell me whether the bike can be wheeled whilst being folded and being inside the bag? How easy is this procedure? The price seems very high, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be another bag like it - no need to lift the bike to cover the bike, and no worries about the straps straining on the material as the straps are attached to the bike itself and so don't put any strain on the bag. If you are using the bag, do you think it is worth the price?
many thanks for reading this!
Old 04-24-23, 07:48 PM
wesgreen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
I'm using it with a 26 pd. Dahon, and I don't use the strap. I just reach inside and lift it by the back of the saddle. I can't roll the bike while inside the cover. I found it somewhere on sale. Since I find the strap unnecessary and fiddly, I don't think it's worth that much. If I need my hands free I use a real bag with long handles over my shoulder.
Old 04-24-23, 09:33 PM
Winfried

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 573 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 99 Posts
I don't see how the bike could be wheeled with the bag on, since its straps go through the wheels → take the bag off when you need to roll the bike folded.

Old 04-29-23, 09:29 AM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 399 Posts
I haven't had to use my cover on the train since the beginning of the pandemic. One of the straps goes through the wheels the way I use it; this is handy for keeping the bike folded, but precludes rolling the folded bike.
If I *were* using the cover, I would roll the bike to the point of boarding, then fold and cover it. The uncovered folded bike can also be rolled; I hold mine by the rack to do this.