Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

GP5000 28mm pressures you run?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

GP5000 28mm pressures you run?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-22, 07:32 AM
redcon1

Bikes: Focus Arriba, Specialized Roubaix Expert, Bianchi Impulso Allroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Symox
Reduced pressure by 5psi per tire and was surprised how much more comfortable and less bouncy on rough roads it was for downhills.

latest setting is 75 psi rear 60 psi front for 28mm GP5000

(at least on the rear tire) I felt 70 psi was too squishy and 80 bounced a bit on rough roads doing fast descents. Really surprised
Wondering why the large 15PSI differential F to R? (Earlier you had listed 20 PSI difference!) Most Calculators, like the SIlca one posted, put it at a 3-4 PSI lighter for the front at your weight. Running 60 PSI front would feel mushy, and be terrible for handling IME. On my Roubaix with Future Shock, I run F&R pressures almost even, and handling seems great.
Old 05-24-22, 08:36 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4383 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Interesting and timely thread for me. I haven't run 28s in the past. I run 25 mm on my road bikes, and 32+ on the gravel or commuter bikes. But I just ordered a pair of 28s for when I want to ride the gravel bike on the road. It has 25 mm interior rims and am wondering what pressures will work. I'm guessing 70 psi in the back (I'm about 68 kilos). Some experimentation will happen.