Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Interest in CNC machined aero mount cable stops?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Interest in CNC machined aero mount cable stops?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-19, 08:07 PM
dgrall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would be interested in one.
Old 09-06-19, 10:02 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Shoot, I am down to the one I am using, so I have no others to sell, and I was not the one who manufactured it. If you send me a private message, I am happy to share the maker’s contact info with you privately. I got super busy at work last year and lost the spare attention I was using to broker these bits.
Old 09-08-19, 06:41 PM
dgrall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think I have enough posts to pm. My email is ddegrall at gmail.com
Old 12-19-19, 07:44 PM
glenncinca

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noobinsf
Through a meandering google search, I found an Australian cycling forum thread in which someone machined a few copies (tributes) of the unicorn Suntour aero mount cable stops. I am planning to buy 5 or 6 and put them up for sale on the sales forum here at cost (which would be about $20-25 shipped to the continental US). Shipping from Australia is $18 regardless of quantity, so this would save a bit on shipping for all of us.

Would anyone here want one? Just trying to gauge interest prior to my purchase.

More info to come as I finalize my purchase, and I will post pics momentarily. These would be for 28.6mm round downtubes, but he has apparently created an aero tube version as well. Also, they are threaded to accept standard barrel adjusters, as pictured, but he also has a non-threaded version. All of the ones I am purchasing will be threaded and will fit 28.6mm downtubes.
I would be very interested in purchasing one of these! g_colehamer@hotmail.com
Old 11-16-20, 09:08 AM
Kidkatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does anyone have any of these still circulating, or willing to part with one??
Old 01-13-21, 08:46 AM
hanktheking

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings I’m interested in getting 2 of these. Thanks Hank

Through a meandering google search, I found an Australian cycling forum thread in which someone machined a few copies (tributes) of the unicorn Suntour aero mount cable stops. I am planning to buy 5 or 6 and put them up for sale on the sales forum here at cost (which would be about $20-25 shipped to the continental US). Shipping from Australia is $18 regardless of quantity, so this would save a bit on shipping for all of us.

More info to come as I finalize my purchase, and I will post pics momentarily. These would be for 28.6mm round downtubes, but he has apparently created an aero tube version as well. Also, they are threaded to accept standard barrel adjusters, as pictured, but he also has a non-threaded version. All of the ones I am purchasing will be threaded and will fit 28.6mm downtubes.
Thanks , Hank
hanktheking@gmail.com
Old 01-01-22, 11:40 PM
drewfio

Bikes: Mostly 80's Japanese built road and touring bikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 26 Posts
Are any of these still available? I’d love to get my hands on one.
Old 01-02-22, 07:47 PM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 185 Posts
Boulder bike has a stash of Gipiemme aero mounts that can do the same thing. $20. Go check them out, the back stock will sell out quickly.
Old 05-25-22, 07:55 PM
Wigglesrewind
Steel is real

Bikes: 86 lotus legend compe, 84 lotus classique, 87 ironman expert Miami vice, 79 nishiki international

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reviving an old thread

Wondering if there's any chance this supplier still makes theses or has the ability to. I have an aero mount bike and this looks like it would be the best option for my sti conversion if I could find one. I tried to send you a private message but I'm new to bike forums and I don't get that privilege until my post count is high enough I guess.
Old 05-25-22, 09:37 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by Wigglesrewind
Wondering if there's any chance this supplier still makes theses or has the ability to. I have an aero mount bike and this looks like it would be the best option for my sti conversion if I could find one. I tried to send you a private message but I'm new to bike forums and I don't get that privilege until my post count is high enough I guess.
I wish I had better news, but it has been years since I was in touch with the person who made them. He was a hobbyist who was only planning to make a handful, so it’s entirely possible he hasn’t thought of these since. At this point, you’re better off striking up a relationship with a local machinist and working with that person. These did not turn out perfectly, and working with someone locally will allow you to tweak the design much more easily. I ended up sacrificing an extra set of Symmetric shifters to make a custom base, and that ended up working well.
Old 05-26-22, 05:00 AM
Wigglesrewind
Steel is real

Bikes: 86 lotus legend compe, 84 lotus classique, 87 ironman expert Miami vice, 79 nishiki international

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wish I had better news, but it has been years since I was in touch with the person who made them. He was a hobbyist who was only planning to make a handful, so it’s entirely possible he hasn’t thought of these since. At this point, you’re better off striking up a relationship with a local machinist and working with that person. These did not turn out perfectly, and working with someone locally will allow you to tweak the design much more easily. I ended up sacrificing an extra set of Symmetric shifters to make a custom base, and that ended up working well.
Thank you for the reply! Not the news I wanted but I'll see if I can a local machinist to do the same thing