Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Official "Show off your Bianchi" thread

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Official "Show off your Bianchi" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-21, 08:20 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
just finished last week. Had to roll out a dent and repaint the top tube. Pretty good match
Old 05-05-21, 08:45 AM
QuikRick

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 46 Posts

I just picked this one up. This one has been ridden hard. Pretty rough but very workable. Has a few dings in the top tube but no cracks. It has a few very cool details. The B on the side of the bottom bracket, BIANCHI on the brake bridge, internal cable routing in the chain stay, gusset in the back of the bottom bracket. I'd appreciate comments from @T-Mar and @Bianchigirll and any other experts.

Last edited by QuikRick; 05-05-21 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-05-21, 09:04 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts

Non original TT

Oblique

Mavic Bullhorns
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 05-05-21, 09:24 AM
xiaoman1 

Originally Posted by QuikRick

I just picked this one up. This one has been ridden hard. Pretty rough but very workable. Has a few dings in the top tube but no cracks. It has a few very cool details. The B on the side of the bottom bracket, BIANCHI on the brake bridge, internal cable routing in the chain stay, gusset in the back of the bottom bracket. I'd appreciate comments from @T-Mar and @Bianchigirll
Nice score, what are your plans for the build....rust underneath the paint...if it was in my possession I would just clean, wax and check the spread of rust and enjoy the patina. BTW the chrome on the fork should polish up quite well, stay away from steel wool no matter how fine it is.
Best, Ben

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 05-05-21, 09:54 AM
QuikRick

Originally Posted by xiaoman1
Nice score, what are your plans for the build....rust underneath the paint...if it was in my possession I would just clean, wax and check the spread of rust and enjoy the patina. BTW the chrome on the fork should polish up quite well, stay away from steel wool no matter how fine it is.
Best, Ben
Thanks Ben. The price on this frame was so "right" that I have absolutely no problem spending the money for a full resto. I actually dropped the frame off at the painter yesterday. The best part of this deal is that the frame is my size! BTW... LOVE your TT above. Excellent!
Old 05-05-21, 10:00 AM
xiaoman1 

Originally Posted by QuikRick
Thanks Ben. The price on this frame was so "right" that I have absolutely no problem spending the money for a full resto. I actually dropped the frame off at the painter yesterday. The best part of this deal is that the frame is my size! BTW... LOVE your TT above. Excellent!
QR
A win-win.
Best, Ben

Old 05-11-21, 04:19 PM
skillasw
vintage Bianchiist

Bikes: Bianchis, 84 Superleggera, 86 Giro, 87 SportSx, 87 Campd'Italia, 87 Limited, 88 Proto, 95 TSXChorus, 94 TSX105/DAax, 94 Super Grizzley RC, 94 Genius Record, 06 Pinella Boron, 18 Volpe Avanti, 00 Megapro ST Veloce00 EM Strada OS

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
94 Genius Record

Just did a complete over haul of the Genius....new bar tape and NOS Vittoria 'il guerriero' tires! These might be the fastest tires ever ...,,crazy fast! The tires I had on previously were non other than the Corsa speeds.

Likes For skillasw:
Old 05-11-21, 04:43 PM
xiaoman1 

Not sure if I posted these earlier....

But we can always use a few "Reds" in this thread.
Best, Ben

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 05-11-21, 04:44 PM
xiaoman1 

Originally Posted by skillasw
Just did a complete over haul of the Genius....new bar tape and NOS Vittoria 'il guerriero' tires! These might be the fastest tires ever ...,,crazy fast! The tires I had on previously were non other than the Corsa speeds.

NICE!
Best, Ben

Old 05-12-21, 09:42 AM
QuikRick

2001 Veloce. I gave this one to my Son-In-Law.

Old 05-22-21, 12:54 PM
Kars 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by capnjonny
just finished last week. Had to roll out a dent and repaint the top tube. Pretty good match
Great paint match , cannot see any difference to the rest of the frame. Columbus sl tubes?
Old 06-04-21, 07:40 AM
SWG

Bikes: Binachi Brava (?) Burley Duet Pashley Picador Plus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I'd appreciate some help identifying my Bianchi. (it might be the same model as the yellow one capnjonny posted, directly above) It's almost embarrassing posting this bike in a thread with so many gorgeous bikes (it's like one of those ratty cars you see driving around the East Village of NYC, dents everywhere, 100 flyers on the dash) but here goes anyhow. I have had the bike for 20+ years, bought at a garage sale for $30. It's been a brilliant bike for me, very nice to ride, fast and smooth. Great for my use which is city riding, grocery getting, errands in the 'hood.

I'd also like to know is it possible to determine the specs of the headset without taking the bike apart, the plastic covers on the top and bottom have perished from UV damage and I was planning to replace the whole headset.

There are a few more photos in my gallery.

Thanks!

Old 06-04-21, 08:23 AM
oceanhaitang
Haleakalacraterlove

Bikes: 1988 Bianchi Giro with full Campagnolo Victory Groupset

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Got tired of keeping the white clean so I went full red on red… still trying to decide if I love it. What do you guys think… is it too much? 😅🙄😏

Likes For oceanhaitang:
Old 06-04-21, 08:30 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,641 Times in 944 Posts
^^^ I like it but I have no taste, so be advised

I have a friend looking for a Bianchi 58 cm steel frame in celeste that will accept a 130mm wide groupset in back. Anyone have or know of one for sale please PM me or reply here.

Thanks !
Old 06-19-21, 05:29 AM
Deerman

Bikes: Steyr Waffenrad ('52, '62, '71, '72, '74), Cannondale (Saeco CAAD4, Criterium), Bianchi (Martini Racing mtb, RC SBX "weird"), Burco (transport, speciaal opa)

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Custom SBX build

Finished the SBX rebuild after around 18 months. Custom paint - these are not stickers... Pro team crest on head tube. Lissignoli fork.

Likes For Deerman:
Old 06-19-21, 07:11 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Beautiful. What’s with the fork? I thought SBX frames had chrome unicrowns. Are the blades straight?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 06-19-21, 07:27 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Not really much to show off at the moment. I found this old Bianchi, bearing "Team Proctor" art work, at the dump a year or so ago. I intend to build it up with and use it as my nasty weather bike. I do have everything I need to build the bike, even a replacement for the tacoed rear wheel...
Old 06-19-21, 11:13 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
Not really much to show off at the moment. I found this old Bianchi, bearing "Team Proctor" art work, at the dump a year or so ago. I intend to build it up with and use it as my nasty weather bike. I do have everything I need to build the bike, even a replacement for the tacoed rear wheel...
It looks like one of the entry level, Japanese manufactured, Canadian market, Bici variants, circa 1983-1985. Serial number? Tubing decal?
Old 06-19-21, 03:02 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
It looks like one of the entry level, Japanese manufactured, Canadian market, Bici variants, circa 1983-1985. Serial number? Tubing decal?
I just went to look for the serial number which is BS582009 and sporting this tubing decal..

When I first found the bicycle, I was quite excited and interested, thinking that it was a Canadian Proctor (down tube decal reads Team Proctor - go figure)...

Then, upon getting it home, with closer inspection I found Bianchi stamped into the drops, front and back, which kinda dulled both the excitement and the interest. I can build it up with an eight speed Shimano Brifter group set but not sure the down tube Brifter cable guides will fit onto the Suntour mounts.
Old 06-19-21, 03:03 PM
Deerman

Bikes: Steyr Waffenrad ('52, '62, '71, '72, '74), Cannondale (Saeco CAAD4, Criterium), Bianchi (Martini Racing mtb, RC SBX "weird"), Burco (transport, speciaal opa)

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Hi Bianchigirll,

Yes the regular SBX fork is a chrome unicrown. The original fork was lost in the mists of time and the replacement chrome fork that the bike came with was pretty crap. Came across a Gino Lissignoli fork (he was apparently one of Dario Pegoretti's masters and the fork is really superb). Blades are straight so you get a very crisp track feel without being too twitchy.

Best,

DM

Last edited by Deerman; 06-19-21 at 03:07 PM.
Likes For Deerman:
Old 06-19-21, 05:49 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
I just went to look for the serial number which is BS582009 and sporting this tubing decal..

When I first found the bicycle, I was quite excited and interested, thinking that it was a Canadian Proctor (down tube decal reads Team Proctor - go figure)...

Then, upon getting it home, with closer inspection I found Bianchi stamped into the drops, front and back, which kinda dulled both the excitement and the interest. I can build it up with an eight speed Shimano Brifter group set but not sure the down tube Brifter cable guides will fit onto the Suntour mounts.
Thxs for the update. That's right in line with what I was expecting to hear. S/N indicates a 1985 Japanese manufactured model, while the tubeset is consistent with the Canadian market Bianchi Bici II of the era.
Old 06-21-21, 10:17 PM
jingy2

Bikes: 1996 Rivendell All-Rounder, 2000 Chris Kvale, 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-11 Corsa Extra, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr, Rivendell Roadini, 86 Mercian Vincitore, 85 Vitus 979, 89 Vitus Carbone 9, 83 Bianchi Tipo Corsa, 79 Motobecane Grand Touring,2022 Corvus Rhino

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 22 Posts
my nearly finished spring project

A 1983 Tipo Corsa in nice rider condition. Mostly vintage parts with a smattering of newer stuff

Likes For jingy2:
Old 06-30-21, 06:04 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 716 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaoman1

Non original TT

Oblique

Mavic Bullhorns
Best, Ben
I have to admit this turned out great. The orange tires didn't seem like a great idea at first but it made the build look good.

nice job Ben
Likes For malcala622:
Old 07-01-21, 09:31 AM
xiaoman1 

Originally Posted by malcala622
I have to admit this turned out great. The orange tires didn't seem like a great idea at first but it made the build look good.

nice job Ben
Miguel,
Thanks, every so often I like going off of the beaten path....orange and green complement one another and I've grown tired of gum walls and black walls. My builds have stalled as I find myself not so interested in them at the moment....I am finding the FOO subforum a bit more interesting....
Best, Ben

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 07-01-21, 10:30 PM
BianchisOnly

Bikes: 1983 Bianchi Nuova Racing 12 Vel, 1985 Bianchi Centenario, 1988 Bianchi SuperLeggera, 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV (Ultegra), 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV Disc (Red eTap)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
1983 Nuova Racing

Bought new from George Slough when he had his shop back on Oakland Road in San Jose, CA. Replaced my Bianchi Randonneur which was stolen from in front of the original Recycled Books on Santa Clara St. The rear derailleur has been through a number of changes: originally a Nuovo Record, which got replaced when my chain parted and took the droput and derailleur with it. Changed to a SunTour Superbe, which ALSO got trashed when I was cut off by a car on a descent on the El Camino Real and did a wheelie all the way back until I dragged the saddle and trashed the derailleur. Walked to a bike shop in San Mateo and bought a SunTour Cyclone so I could get riding again.

These days it's sporting a 1988 Chorus 7-speed rear and 53-42 cranks/BB from my '88 Superleggera. Pedals are MKS quills with Christophe clips and straps, since I couldn't find the original Ofmega's when I put it back together. Front D is original Nuovo Record. Wheels are currently Mavic MA40's w/Campy hubs, originally Mavic EC2 with Ofmega hubs - hanging in the rafters. Sporting a Shimano 12-28 7sp freewheel because hills. I'd have to dig through the parts box to see what the original was. Bars and stem are 3TTT, brake calipers and levers are original Universal Model 77's with Cane Creek gum hoods that fit OK but not great, since replacement hoods are now UnObtainium. Bar tape is circa 1987! Saddle is the original Selle San Marco Anatomica, complete with scuff from the wheelie.

This was my daily rider for about 5 or 6 years before I replaced it with the next in my series of Bianchi's, a 1988 Superleggera. I had stripped this down and let it sit for a few years with the intention of having it resprayed and restoring it, then decided to just enjoy it as is, so back together it went. Except I couldn't find the darn pedals. This one hangs in the garage most of the time, but I still ride it a couple of times a year - with my one set of shoes that still has cleats for toe clips. Wish I could find my vintage Duegi's and Diadora's, though.

1983 Bianchi Nuova Racing 12 Vel, unrestored

Since I have 7sp now, does that make it a 14 Vel? Ofmega headset

Universal brakes with Cane Creek hoods. They don't fit perfectly but better than nothing!

3TTT stem and bars. Note the cellophane tape holding the vintage bar wrap end tape in place. Can't find that stuff anymore (the end tape, not the cellophane).

Nuovo Record front. 88 Chorus cranks and BB, 53-42. Original was Ofmega 52-42, stored away in the parts box. Made in Italy, 'nuff said.

1988 Chorus 7sp rear mech. Shimano 12-28 freewheel, I believe. Original might have been a Regina? Something my old legs certainly wouldn't want to pedal up hills anymore, that's for sure!

Campy seatpost. Stamped "2 M" on the drive side, and "1273" on the non-drive side

Universal Model 77 brakes - decent but don't count on them in an emergency! Wow, I need to clip that cable!

Bianchi dropouts, campy skewers & hubs

Original Selle San Marco saddle, with the skid mark on the back. Remember those days - you rode the saddle that came with the bike...

Circal 1984. Still have the celeste frame pump with Campy head, faded almost to a yellowish color.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.