Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Zwift problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21, 10:04 PM
Doomrider74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 55 Posts
Zwift problem?

I went to ride Alpe du Zwift tonight and right from the off something didn't feel right: the gradient on the screen wasn't syncing with my Kickr. Initially, I thought it was my trainer, or at least my setup, but then I noticed the gradient on screen flicked from 10% to 4% to 1% and back up to 10% in the space of 5m, on a straight, consistently steep section. In the end I gave up as it was doing my head in.

Ive had my Kickr for about 5 months and never had a single proble. Ive also ridden the Alpe a number of times without any issues. I last used it on Monday and everything felt fine when I rode around Titans Grove. I even got 4th on both the KOM and the final sprint.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if its to do with the updates today/tonight. A glitch in the matrix?
Old 05-20-21, 01:26 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
no, never experienced it, but likely a new feature in zwift. i cannot test until i restart my subscription but i know from the past that they like to add little fun Easter eggs so when i do return i will be looking forward to thi snew experience.
Old 05-20-21, 09:43 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Never experienced it, could be a newly introduced bug.
Old 05-20-21, 10:15 PM
Doomrider74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 55 Posts
I rode around the new map today (Chain Chomper and Sea to Tree) and it seemed fine. I suspect it was a temp glitch.
Old 05-24-21, 04:12 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
I've had that happen a few times in the 5 years I've been on Zwift. I use Apple TV and it does seem to be more likely to happen after an update to the Zwift software.

Usually, one of these two things fixes it:
  • Stop the ride, exit Zwift restart Zwift. If not:
  • Stop the ride, reboot Apple TV, restart Zwift (if you are running Zwift on Windows/Mac reboot them)
I think maybe once that didn't work out of the 4 or 5 times that has happened to me. Then, the next day all worked fine again. That time I think was when Zwift was having a record traffic day as the pandemic got going, but don't know if there was really any connection.
Likes For jpescatore: