Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show me your cat

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show me your cat

Old 06-20-21, 10:56 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3782 Post(s)
Liked 3,287 Times in 2,147 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir_Name
Oh, she very much enjoys her kibbies. Talks about them every morning. Still tanks my Yelp reviews, though. Cats…
-----

Your family is so fortunate to have such a precious qutumz!

-----
Likes For juvela:
Old 06-20-21, 07:45 PM
billnuke1 

Bikes: Only my riders left...

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 389 Posts
!

Hot belly!
Old 06-20-21, 07:47 PM
billnuke1 

Better face picture!
Old 06-21-21, 12:32 PM
Flatforkcrown

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 159 Posts
Likes For Flatforkcrown:
Old 06-21-21, 01:29 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked 4,526 Times in 1,743 Posts
Felix on a cleaning mission. Cleaning the inside of a bucket, to be precise:

Likes For non-fixie:
Old 06-21-21, 02:13 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,450 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Today is one month she's been gone. She'd have been 18 on the 20th of this month; this pic was taken when she was eight or nine years old:
DD
Ohh, I'm so sorry. I am going through this now with my kitty. He just turned 17 and has been diagnosed with renal carcinoma, so as soon as he is having more bad days than good, we cannot go on. I am not used to crying this much, even though we still have him for now. I'm just trying to be with him as much as I can.
Old 06-21-21, 05:19 PM
billnuke1 

Originally Posted by scarlson
Ohh, I'm so sorry. I am going through this now with my kitty. He just turned 17 and has been diagnosed with renal carcinoma, so as soon as he is having more bad days than good, we cannot go on. I am not used to crying this much, even though we still have him for now. I'm just trying to be with him as much as I can.
Cats crawl into your heart...
Likes For billnuke1:
Old 06-21-21, 11:40 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Tears still come at a moment's notice on this end, too. During today's ride, in fact. Enjoy the time you have with him and try to be there at the end; it helped me immensely knowing Sacha wasn't alone when she passed.

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude:
Old 06-21-21, 11:53 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Originally Posted by billnuke1
Cats crawl into your heart...
That they do

DD
Old 06-22-21, 08:21 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,248 Posts
My wife and I have a few cats and they are our family. My daughter is grown up and on her own so for fathers day I got coffee in bed and a cat on my lap, Yoda I think. We have an older orange kitty that has seniority on the rest of the pride and he is about 18 and has diabetes so Lynne has to give him a shot twice a day . He is holding his own. The longest we have had a cat live is 22 years so parting ways at some point happens.....IT AIN"T EASY. We were evacuated during the Thomas Fire a few years ago so we had five cats in our motorhome and that was no picnic. They normally get along somewhat but the excitement and then new surroundings just made things crazy . I was so glad that our home survived so I could get them back in their familiar place. They are constantly amused by my bikes but they haven't really done anything to them . Once I had a bike on the stand and one of the cats reached up and tried to grab a spoke and when the wheel spun it started a game with him , we laughed as he almost would get his paw stuck but knew exactly when to pull back!
Old 06-22-21, 08:29 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
My wife and I have a few cats and they are our family. My daughter is grown up and on her own so for fathers day I got coffee in bed and a cat on my lap, Yoda I think. We have an older orange kitty that has seniority on the rest of the pride and he is about 18 and has diabetes so Lynne has to give him a shot twice a day . He is holding his own. The longest we have had a cat live is 22 years so parting ways at some point happens.....IT AIN"T EASY. We were evacuated during the Thomas Fire a few years ago so we had five cats in our motorhome and that was no picnic. They normally get along somewhat but the excitement and then new surroundings just made things crazy . I was so glad that our home survived so I could get them back in their familiar place. They are constantly amused by my bikes but they haven't really done anything to them . Once I had a bike on the stand and one of the cats reached up and tried to grab a spoke and when the wheel spun it started a game with him , we laughed as he almost would get his paw stuck but knew exactly when to pull back!
I'm glad you and the cats made it through the fires! I can sympathize with the diabetes kitty, we had a senior cat that we had to give chemo pills (and other medicine) for the last 3-4 years of her life. But she still lived to be 18 and it wasn't even the cancer that killed her, it was basically old age (kidneys). She was such a little trooper. Never gave the money or effort a second thought; she was still living a good quality of life up until she wasn't.
Likes For ksryder:
Old 06-22-21, 08:57 AM
juvela

-----

-----

😉

its that Campag NGS road ensemble - gets 'em ever' time

like catnip it be

-----
Likes For juvela:
Old 06-23-21, 11:14 AM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
Quoted: 2182 Post(s)
Liked 4,526 Times in 1,743 Posts
Whenever something arrives in a cardboard box: Official Cat Inspection!

Likes For non-fixie:
Old 06-23-21, 09:05 PM
juvela

-----

an inspector drops in to check on the progress of a Royal Enfield restoration

he seems nonplussed

[not me project]

-----
Likes For juvela:
Old 06-26-21, 08:52 AM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked 1,043 Times in 627 Posts
My Animal Kingdom has my greetings ready when I walk through the door.

Soft and large leather makes for a great lookout!
Likes For 3speedslow:
Old 07-04-21, 06:57 PM
KenCT

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 (2021) Cannondale Cujo 2 (2018) Cannondale Quick Carbon 1 (2017) Giant Sedona (2006) Cannondale R1000 (2001)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 104 Posts
We had to have Mille, our 4 year old cat euthanized last week. She had a herniated diaphragm (internal organs were compressing her lungs) resulting in severe difficulty breathing. When a cat is breathing hard with an open mouth it is a medical emergency for them. The vet hospital had her sedated and on a vent shortly after I brought her in. Surgery was $10,000 (we have pet health insurance) with a high risk of her not even surviving the anesthesia let alone the operation. If she survived she had a high chance of permanent lung damage. Vet said the the herniated diaphragm was most likely a congenital defect. She was the queen of the house.
Likes For KenCT:
Old 07-04-21, 07:09 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Originally Posted by KenCT
We had to have Mille, our 4 year old cat euthanized last week. She had a herniated diaphragm (internal organs were compressing her lungs) resulting in severe difficulty breathing. When a cat is breathing hard with an open mouth it is a medical emergency for them. The vet hospital had her sedated and on a vent shortly after I brought her in. Surgery was $10,000 (we have pet health insurance) with a high risk of her not even surviving the anesthesia let alone the operation. If she survived she had a high chance of permanent lung damage. Vet said the the herniated diaphragm was most likely a congenital defect. She was the queen of the house.
Very sorry to hear. This is simultaneously an easy decision and a impossible one, I always ask myself, "who made me God, to make such a decision ?", even though you know its correct,

Sad for your loss.
Old 07-04-21, 08:21 PM
KenCT

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 (2021) Cannondale Cujo 2 (2018) Cannondale Quick Carbon 1 (2017) Giant Sedona (2006) Cannondale R1000 (2001)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Sad for your loss.
Thank you
Old 07-04-21, 08:52 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Another 9th life ends...so sorry for your loss, KenCT . She looked like a fine house queen

DD
Likes For Drillium Dude:
Old 07-05-21, 06:57 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5219 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
Originally Posted by KenCT
Mille was the queen of the house
so sorry for your loss. here's wishing you & your family strength right now & nothing but the best memories
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 07-05-21, 01:00 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Kitty died a few days after his 17th birthday. We knew he had inoperable, metastatic cancer, so we tried to give him the best last days we could.

We knew he had a weird affinity for strawberries. Not to eat, but just to rub himself on. Must be some plant smell he likes about them. So, we picked him an entire flat of strawberries, which he lied down on. Peak strawberry experience.

Within a week, he appeared to be in such pain that he wasn't even sleeping, in spite of the benzodiazepines (kitty valium), NK1 agonists (antinausea, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant maybe), and buprenorphine (opioid painkiller) we were giving him. We called in our vet friend Dr. Katie Parent, who euthanized him in the middle of the balcony garden on a calm evening. She was a gentle angel of death. We buried him deep beneath a cairn we built at the family home in northern Vermont, and planted over it with catmint. I miss him so much.
Old 07-05-21, 03:45 PM
WaveyGravey

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 59 Posts
So sorry. It is hard to lose an old friend.
Likes For WaveyGravey:
Old 07-05-21, 08:19 PM
johnnyace 
Le savonnier

Bikes: I can count 'em on one hand

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 269 Posts
This is Annabelle, actually our daughter's cat, but since our daughter lives with us, she qualifies. She belonged to a friend of our daughter who was moving out of the family home into an apartment, she couldn't have pets in the apartment, and the family didn't want her to remain in the home. Which was just as well, as she was basically living in the garage for 5 years (she's 10 years old now). To us this was borderline abuse, so we gladly took her into our home, with the understanding that our daughter will take her with her when/if she moves out.

Initially, she was very skittish and would run away if you approached her, but she is now a very sweet and good-natured addition to the household. Also very adept at dispatching insects inside the home, haha.

Old 07-06-21, 01:43 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5219 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
Kitty died a few days after his 17th birthday. We knew he had inoperable, metastatic cancer, so we tried to give him the best last days we could.
We knew he had a weird affinity for strawberries. Not to eat, but just to rub himself on. Must be some plant smell he likes about them. So, we picked him an entire flat of strawberries, which he lied down on. Peak strawberry experience.
Within a week, he appeared to be in such pain that he wasn't even sleeping, in spite of the benzodiazepines (kitty valium), NK1 agonists (antinausea, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant maybe), and buprenorphine (opioid painkiller) we were giving him. We called in our vet friend Dr. Katie Parent, who euthanized him in the middle of the balcony garden on a calm evening. She was a gentle angel of death. We buried him deep beneath a cairn we built at the family home in northern Vermont, and planted over it with catmint. I miss him so much.
beautiful coat! love the 1 white whisker! our black cat has one too. so sorry for your loss!
Old 07-06-21, 03:03 PM
scarlson 

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
beautiful coat! love the 1 white whisker! our black cat has one too. so sorry for your loss!
Thank you for the kind words.
His whiskers used to be all black. He started growing a white whisker on the left side about a year ago, and we thought it was a pretty punk thing to do. Then he got one on the right, which was majestic. He shed the one on the left and grew a new one to take its place! We've collected the white whisker in a glass vial of other keepsakes including my first white hair.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.