Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

People not saying hi

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

People not saying hi

Old 07-08-21, 11:08 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
She wasn't into my back wheel or lack of brake but she thinks its sick that im riding with them with zero kit on a hybrid
I suspect its the same way that I was rooting for the special needs kid who did an Ironman a few months ago.
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 07-09-21, 05:32 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 6882 Post(s)
Liked 10,873 Times in 4,637 Posts
She wasn't into my back wheel or lack of brake but she thinks its sick that im riding with them with zero kit on a hybrid
Yes, I’m sure that she thinks you are sick.
Old 07-09-21, 05:36 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,316 Times in 2,701 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
I suspect its the same way that I was rooting for the special needs kid who did an Ironman a few months ago.
Post of the thread.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 07-09-21, 10:33 AM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2644 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 344 Posts
You guys are just jealous of how much clout I have with fixie chicks
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 07-09-21, 10:40 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3906 Post(s)
Liked 7,182 Times in 2,905 Posts
You guys are just jealous of how much clout I have with fixie chicks
I never heard Nurse Ratched referred to as a fixie chick.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 07-09-21, 11:00 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 15,297 Times in 7,230 Posts
Originally Posted by larrysellerz
you guys are just grossed out by jealous of how much clout i have with the hairy-pitted, bull-nose-ring-sporting, patchouli-wearing fixie chicks
fify
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 07-09-21, 12:14 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10247 Post(s)
Liked 11,599 Times in 5,945 Posts
Maybe don't ask women on group rides out. They're probably out there for the fun, exercise, and camaraderie, and having somebody ask them out while riding changes that. They have to decide, Do I want to go out with this guy? If I don't, how will he react when I say no? Will he resent it, and spend the rest of the ride sulking? Will he quit the group because of me? Or worse, will he hang out with the group to be near me, hoping I'll relent, and being a dick if I don't? You can see how this might spoil the whole thing for them. I mean, if they can't even engage in friendly conversation without having to deal with this stuff, why bother?

There are few enough women in this sport. Maybe don't chase them off?

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 07-09-21, 12:20 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Maybe don't ask women on group rides out. They're probably out there for the fun, exercise, and camaraderie, and having somebody ask them out while riding changes that. They have to decide, Do I want to go out with this guy? If I don't, how will he react when I say no? Will he resent it, and spend the rest of the ride sulking? Will he quit the group because of me? Or worse, will he hang out with the group to be near me, hoping I'll relent, and being a dick if I don't? You can see how this might spoil the whole thing for them. I mean, if they can't even engage in friendly conversation without having to deal with this stuff, why bother?

ibatngpotswawsbetbhobm*

*In before all the nice guys pile on to say "well actually women should be excited to be hit on by me!"
Likes For ksryder:
Old 07-09-21, 12:24 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Originally Posted by ksryder
ibatngpotswawsbetbhobm*

*In before all the nice guys pile on to say "well actually women should be excited to be hit on by me!"
And they wonder why this forum is a sausage fest.

Likes For genejockey:
Old 07-09-21, 12:34 PM
LarryMelman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikebikerun
Can we have a sticky with a compilation of all these threads for entertainment?

There was some guy who had a Nintendo logo for an avatar who had some gems, too, but I can’t seem to remember his name.
Was there ever a more entertaining thread than this one?
https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...pgrade-no.html
Old 07-09-21, 01:19 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Liked 2,460 Times in 1,489 Posts
It seemed like a great idea, she really digs my style.
This is what she was really thinking: WWDD?

Old 07-09-21, 01:22 PM
seypat

Originally Posted by LarryMelman
There's another thread just like in General at the moment.

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...pimp-turd.html

Last edited by seypat; 07-09-21 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-09-21, 03:47 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by genejockey

The guy who is dating her now met her on a group ride, might have been this one, they both were former runners so they hit it off I guess. He's about your age (I assume) at 57 so he's doing pretty good for himself, dating a girl that I was after haha. There isn't anything wrong or sexist about asking a girl out when riding, obviously I wouldn't do it during the ride but we happened on each other after the ride and talked for a bit, she had lots of nice things to say to me and was impressed. A few weeks later I passed her when chasing an Alto Velo squad, she was visibly surprised and said "you're amazing" without thinking. Why wouldn't I ask her out, shes being all smiley and complimenting me. Hell, her boyfriend knew my name and rolled up on me and introduced himself as her boyfriend, maybe because he knew I was thinking about shooting my shot. People can make women feel uncomfortable everywhere, hard rules like don't bang your coworkers or don't ask someone out at the gym don't solve the problem of creepy guys and suavey guys can ask women out at most places in a way doesn't make them uncomfortable. I'm not a suavey guy though haha, only good at flirting with much older women.

In other words I'm mad that I missed my opportunity to tell people my name is Tuck, which is short for Supertuck but they would all think its short for Tucker. Eventually if anyone asked id tell them its short for Supertuck. Unfortunately they know my real name, maybe once I switch cities

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 07-09-21 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-09-21, 03:54 PM
LarryMelman

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
There's another thread just like in in General at the moment.

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...pimp-turd.html
Oh, no, really not similar at all. You need to read the 2011 thread. Make sure you have a couple hours to waste.
Old 07-09-21, 03:54 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

The guy who is dating her now met her on a group ride, might have been this one, they both were former runners so they hit it off I guess. He's about your age (I assume) at 57 so he's doing pretty good for himself, dating a girl that I was after haha. There isn't anything wrong or sexist about asking a girl out when riding, obviously I wouldn't do it during the ride but we happened on each other after the ride and talked for a bit, she had lots of nice things to say to me and was impressed. A few weeks later I passed her when chasing an Alto Velo squad, she was visibly surprised and said "you're amazing" without thinking. Why wouldn't I ask her out, shes being all smiley and complimenting me. Hell, her boyfriend knew my name and rolled up on me and introduced himself as her boyfriend, maybe because he knew I was thinking about shooting my shot. People can make women feel uncomfortable everywhere, hard rules like don't bang your coworkers or don't ask someone out at the gym don't solve the problem of creepy guys and suavey guys can ask women out at most places in a way doesn't make them uncomfortable. I'm not a suavey guy though haha, only good at flirting with much older women.
The horse has been led to water. What he does now is up to the horse.

Old 07-09-21, 04:56 PM
seypat

In other words I'm mad that I missed my opportunity to tell people my name is Tuck, which is short for Supertuck but they would all think its short for Tucker. Eventually if anyone asked id tell them its short for Supertuck. Unfortunately they know my real name, maybe once I switch cities
I had to go put waders on. It's getting deep in here.
Old 07-09-21, 05:56 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8191 Post(s)
Liked 8,849 Times in 4,396 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
I had to go put waders on. It's getting deep in here.
"Dear Penthouse Forum..."
Old 07-10-21, 07:32 AM
Hikebikerun

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL5 ; Felt Versa Speed 7

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 25 Posts
Oh, no, really not similar at all. You need to read the 2011 thread. Make sure you have a couple hours to waste.
Yeah I’m 8 pages in now and I was supposed to be going on a long morning ride right now…..

Also, Larry just described himself as “suave” and now there’s coffee sprayed all over my couch.
Old 07-10-21, 08:37 AM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Quoted: 11321 Post(s)
Liked 4,635 Times in 2,701 Posts
Unfortunately they know my real name, maybe once I switch cities
I don't think Witness Protection applies to creepers.
Likes For LAJ:
Old 07-10-21, 10:21 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Oooh... i remember this thread and the JSChristian fellow. He had several memorable threads, IIRC. I only got in at post #157 on this one.

Last edited by guadzilla; 07-10-21 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-10-21, 03:15 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,316 Times in 2,701 Posts
Larry, in light of the additional info you've provided, it's clear the biker chick is waiting for your next move. Shouldn't be too difficult to displace the 50 something guy, though obviously you would need to be in an equal or better financial position. Anyway ride up beside her on your next outing and explain the benefits of riding shirtless, why she should try it. Good luck and report back.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 07-10-21, 04:38 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Larry, in light of the additional info you've provided, it's clear the biker chick is waiting for your next move. Shouldn't be too difficult to displace the 50 something guy, though obviously you would need to be in an equal or better financial position. Anyway ride up beside her on your next outing and explain the benefits of riding shirtless, why she should try it. Good luck and report back.
beating the older guy is the plan, but it will take a lot of work considering he rides ~400 miles a week and KOMs all over the place. I think he's juicing

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 07-10-21 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-10-21, 06:16 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
"Dear Penthouse Forum..."
LOL.. given the number of anonymous Larrys contributing, I think you're on to something.
Old 07-10-21, 06:40 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,910 Times in 1,884 Posts
I encountered a young man riding towards me this morning on a multi-use path. He was IMHO going too fast for the path so I got off the hoods and into the drops to get better control of my bike and have better braking if I needed it. Then he waved and I was in no position to return the gesture. This has weighed heavily on me all day. We were both wearing helmets, he had a t-shirt and I was wearing a jersey. I will admit though I was wearing mountain bike shorts on a road bike which may seem wrong, but the bike was a vintage bike boom bike so there may be some wiggle room there.

I didn't want to start a new thread or drag this one off topic, but I did a search and this seemed like the best place to ask. Should I start going topless (shirt and helmet) so people won't wave at me making me feel awkward about not always being able to reciprocate?
A tightly fitted tube top to highlight the pecks & a flat brimmed cap might achieve what you're after.
Old 07-10-21, 06:55 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9530 Post(s)
Liked 6,271 Times in 3,459 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
A tightly fitted tube top to highlight the pecks & a flat brimmed cap might achieve what you're after.
Add to that a fat money clip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.