Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

DA Dual-Sided Power Meter- cannot see Left-Right Balance

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 01-17-22, 10:23 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 117 Posts

I recently bought a Dura Ace power meter. I used my Garmin 1030, Garmin Connect, and also Shimano E-Tube Ride. However, the E-Tube app does not seem to record or pauses or auto-pauses. So, I never get to see any pedaling dynamics of left-right balance on E-Tube Ride and not in Garmin Connect either. I can see overall power reading on my Garmin but really nothing else. Any idea what I may be doing wrong or any ideas what I can try? It is important for me to especially see the L-R balance. Due to left-leg biomechanics, it is much weaker than the right and I am trying to improve the balance/ Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-22, 09:22 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
You probably just need to add that page to your Garmin device. Or possibly just add those particular fields to any screen you desire to see them on.

Not sure what you are talking about for eTube. Did they make an app for riding. I thought eTube was just for setting up and checking your Di2.

edit...

okay, just looked up Shimano E-Tube Ride. That's a new one for me.
https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/e-tube/ride.html

Last edited by Iride01; 01-18-22 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-18-22, 09:36 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Thank you for the reply! The fields are in the E-Tube screens. Yes, that is an app Shimano has. I think they have E-Tube and E-Tube Ride. I do not know how to add that (Left-Right Balance) to my Garmin screen but will look.
Old 01-18-22, 10:45 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
I think there should have been a screen automatically added when you you paired the PM to the Garmin. Maybe it just needs to be enabled for the particular profile you are using when you ride. Regardless you can always add a new screen or modify a screen. You do realize that there are multiple screens you can scroll to don't you?

If you have just the original Edge 1030 then check out page 80 for stuff on Cycling Dynamics
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...0_OM_EN-US.pdf

If you have the Edge 1030 plus then Cycling Dynamics starts on page 85.
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...s_OM_EN-US.pdf

With either look in the ToC or index for "data screens" if you need to add or modify. There is also a list of every data field available to you in the appendix of each.
Old 01-18-22, 10:49 AM
Chandne

Brilliant! Thank you!! I do have the 1030 Plus and have now added it to the second screen. Hopefully, I can get Garmin Connect to start logging it now (or it automatically shoudl).
Old 01-18-22, 11:13 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,645 Times in 6,054 Posts
There's a deeper problem. A Garmin will record data like LRb whether it's showing on the screen or not. It sounds like a call to Shimano is in order. Possibly Garmin too but I would start with the PM maker.

If you can borrow another Garmin or other bike computer though that would help you rule that out.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: