Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Panaracer Gravelking Plus Slicks

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-21, 05:41 PM
BikingViking793 

Bikes: 2015 Felt Z75 Disc, 2008 Fuji Cross Comp, 2010 Trek Navigator 1.0, 1974 Raleigh Sports, 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Surly Cross Check, 2021 Giant Talon 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 60 Posts

I've been riding on my Panaracer Gravelking Plus slick tires all season and just wanted to sort of report on them. They have a nice ride and I've experienced no flats. I ride them at 90psi rear and 85psi front. The front tire shows very minimal wear and the rear has worn off all the bumps in the middle of the tire. Anyone know if these have a wear marker? Not sure how much more life is left. I don't know exactly how many miles I have on them, my total for the year is 2,159.6 ytd, but that includes riding other bikes. If I were to guess I'd say maybe 1500 on these tires. The width of the tire has grown after riding on them. My rims are 17mm internal width and when I first mounted the tire width was about 26.55mm. Now they are about 27.24mm wide which is more like a 28mm tire. My bike has minimal clearance so that's why I have been noting the width. My bike could could probably handle 29mm actual width tops. Depending on how much life is left on the tread I either really like these tires or just kinda like them. If they have another season in them I really like them. If the rear is almost done then I only kinda like them. I guess I'd probably just replace the rear tire for next season. I've attached some pics of the tread, hope somebody can tell me how they are looking.