Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Easton Circuit free hub removal... help!

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 09-21-21, 02:38 PM
scuzzo

Bikes: cannondale 2.0,caad3,schwinn Peleton,Felt F35,2007 litespeed Vortex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts

ok, so i built up a new bike.. and i had a nice pr of easton circuit wheels.. but they needed a bit of cleaning... i tried not to spray into the hub or anything... but when i finished cleaning they have a really gritty feel to the rear wheel.. i think the grime and stuff got into the shaft of the free hub.. the bearings feel smooth but the free hub side has rough feel... i may have trashed the free hub by cleaning it.... but i do have a spare.. only i have no idea how you swap out free hubs... i know how it works with DA 7800 but... with these i just dont know..,. dont know where to look... it seem not to have a place hex key to fit in the axel .. they are great wheels but i cleaned them and now...UAHHHHHGGGG!

got it sorted.. remove the cap from drive side and hit the axel with a mallet on the non drive side... then use a 12mm to remove free hub... thats about it..

well.. welcome to my first world problems.. lol

if any of you mechs out there have any ideas.... please help....
im never cleaning my wheeels again....!!

Last edited by scuzzo; 09-22-21 at 12:20 PM.