Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Serial Number Format for Scott Forks?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-21, 09:53 AM
skipper0802

Bikes: 2012 Scott CR1 Pro, 2008 5.2 Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Greetings All,
I have two Scott CR1 forks. The damaged one is from my CR1 Pro model. The replacement fork is from a CR1 Team model. (Serial number spaces below inserted for readability.) The respective serial numbers are:

2012 CR1 Pro fork # STF04K 200110 53537
2013 CR1 Team # STF04K 200110 33843

Originally contacted on June 29, my local Scott dealer has been diligently waiting for Scott to respond. So far, no answer has been received. I'm now skeptical that an answer will not be forthcoming.
Can someone definitively answer as to how Scott formats their serial numbers? For example, do the last five digits refer to just the color scheme? What do the alpha/numerics represent?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Eric

PS: I had pics of each fork ready but was reminded that I don't have 10 posts yet, so no pics

Last edited by skipper0802; 07-13-21 at 09:55 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 07-15-21, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
juliywann had good advice for other purposes but completely missed the OPs question

I never had to deal with a Scott warranty when I worked at a dealer but I can say these days bikes are in high demand and bike shops have generally been busy so most of the manufacturers are pretty busy as well especially warranty departments so a quick response is tough.

Beyond the serial number formatting question what do you need to know about your forks skipper0802 ? If the fork fits go for it and if it doesn't you will probably looking at a new fork from Ritchey or Whisky or ENVE or someone like that. Just need to get the correct measurements which your LBS should be able to help with.

If you want to post pictures get more involved in threads and you will get to the needed ten posts quickly this quite a fun forum especially if you like bikes and talking about them.
Old 07-16-21, 01:29 PM
skipper0802

Bikes: 2012 Scott CR1 Pro, 2008 5.2 Madone

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Vegan...
Thanks for getting back to me. I do appreciate it! As far as the fork, no other questions to ask. I only wanted to know the format that Scott uses for their forks.
The replacement fork fits just fine upon installation and as advised beforehand by Westbrook Cycles, UK. I'm grateful for their timely response. The only difference between the two forks is the paint scheme... all else as far as I know is the same.

Cheers and regards,
Eric

Last edited by skipper0802; 07-16-21 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added post-installation note
Old 09-21-21, 08:32 AM
Skilly95

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am not sure if you are looking for a part. I have a “like new” 2012 CR1 Pro fork from my bike that has a broken rear hub support.
Old 09-21-21, 05:13 PM
jimc101

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 87 Posts
Why do you need this info? the bike is 10 years old, and chances of getting any warranty are long gone, and any warranty/replacement stock will be long gone.