Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any experiences with Adrenaline Bikes?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-21, 08:26 AM
ColoFatherOf3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 8 Posts

I'm having a high end Gravel Bike build done and I'm working with Adrenaline Bikes to build it for me. I'd like to work with my LBSs, but none of them are interested in offering any discounts and Adrenaline bikes does, so they win.

Given I'm about to spend 5 figures on a bike, I'd like to know if anybody on this forum has used them before and what their experience was like.

The particular bike I'm interested in has a 6 month lead time to get the frame built from the order date, so I'll be waiting a while before I get this bike completed.

I'm hoping not to see responses about how I should be spending more $ and going with my LBS for improved post sale service. I've already made the value trade off of reduced spend vs post sale support. This is a personal decision that everyone makes for themselves.

Thanks in advance for responses from anyone with experience with Adrenaline Bikes.

I did search the forum for Adrenaline Bikes and found a few posts, but not many. Also, couldn't find a better group than "General Cycling Discussion" to post this. If there is a more relevant area to post this, admins please move it.
Old 09-24-21, 09:45 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
Well, I can provide for Adrenaline in Tustin, CA, but you seem to be from CO. Could you be more specific on which one and what you're purchasing. The one out here specializes in Ti bikes (or Bianchi and a variety of high end manufacturer).
Old 09-24-21, 10:08 AM
ganthercage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ColoFatherOf3
I'm having a high end Gravel Bike build done and I'm working with Adrenaline Bikes to build it for me. I'd like to work with my LBSs, but none of them are interested in offering any discounts and Adrenaline bikes does, so they win.

Given I'm about to spend 5 figures on a bike, I'd like to know if anybody on this forum has used them before and what their 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 experience was like.

The particular bike I'm interested in has a 6 month lead time to get the frame built from the order date, so I'll be waiting a while before I get this bike completed.

I'm hoping not to see responses about how I should be spending more $ and going with my LBS for improved post sale service. I've already made the value trade off of reduced spend vs post sale support. This is a personal decision that everyone makes for themselves.

Thanks in advance for responses from anyone with experience with Adrenaline Bikes.
I don't have experience with them , but i'd like to know are they build customs or they costumize yours ?

Last edited by ganthercage; 09-24-21 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-24-21, 10:13 AM
ColoFatherOf3

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean the shop in Orange County CA. I tried to include the web site URL or a pic of the site in my post, but I'm too new to this site and it won't allow me.

andrenalinebikes.com

thanks!
Old 09-24-21, 07:41 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
I bought a frameset from Adrenaline back in ‘12 and had them do a custom build for me. They were great to work with, and kept me updated on the build with pics, even. We had a back and forth as it came together, and I was able to make adjustments as it went it along, so overall, a dynamic and satisfying experience which I’d recommend.
Likes For chaadster:
Old 09-24-21, 09:59 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by ColoFatherOf3
Your are about to spend over $10,000 and you are working with an unknown retailer instead of a local shop you know well because of a lack of discount? It's a bike over $10k...I wouldn't think cost is a primary driver here.

Super curious what you are buying. Details for us!
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 09-25-21, 05:38 AM
downhillmaster

Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
I have to ask if Adrenaline is offering identical bikes at lower prices or are they simply showing discounted prices on their specific selection of bikes?
Not trying to beat them up but stating that you are buying from them only because of a perceived discount begs the question.
I have to assume you may have other reasons you simply did not bother to mention
Old 09-25-21, 12:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
It sounds like you are all set and don't really need our help. I would buy a Huffy, you get the same support and you can find them online as well and you can send that 10k to me and I will build a nice gravel bike without worrying about perceived discount from an unknown shop. It would be one thing if you are saying hey I want to buy a Firefly custom titanium bike, thoughts? but you are bargain bin shopping for something custom which is silly. I want someone I know and trust working on that build at 5 figures cost is not really an issue for me so going local provides some better opportunities or going direct through the builder makes sense Bishop or Firefly or Bingham Built or any of the other U.S. builders out there which are numerous are all well worth taking a look at and would be ideal for going custom and spending that money. Either go directly to the builder or stick with your local shop or buy that Huffy and I am sure if not me there are at least 100 others on this forum who could use that 5 figures to build a kick ass bike.
Old 09-25-21, 04:40 PM
jolly_codger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 66 Posts
My son had them build up a Cinelli road bike last year and had a very good buying experience. Very well packed when shipped and whoever did the build obviously took pride in their work (I tried but couldn't find any detail to criticize &#128512.
Likes For jolly_codger:
Old 09-25-21, 10:45 PM
ColoFatherOf3

I want a Ti gravel bike and I considered FireFly and No 22 (and about 20 others), but decided upon Moots. I think they have an excellent reputation for Ti bikes and they are built in my home State of Colorado and are unlikely to go out of business anytime soon.

Any bike shop authorized to sell Moots and in business for over a decade likely has good people working there or they would not be building custom bikes very long. That said, I want to do my homework on Adrenaline. From what I can currently tell, they are advertising discounts and providing them on individual piece parts, but Moots also offers some packages that are pretty good, even at retail pricing. As a result, I'm back looking at an LBS again.

The LBS I'm likely to choose is the one that happens to be located in a place with the lowest tax rate. Tax on a 5 figure bike is significant. I don't care how much or little I spend, I want to spend wisely.

Am I price shopping? Absolutely! I price shop when I buy a car too. All these shops are good or they would not be building custom bikes for years. Given I could not physically go see Adrenaline, I wanted to hear from some folks who have dealt with them. Looks like the responses have all been positive. That said, given my current crunch on the numbers, I'm likely to go with my LBS anyway.

Hopefully that answers some of the questions. To those with experience with Adrenaline that responded, thank you!

Last edited by ColoFatherOf3; 09-26-21 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-26-21, 07:09 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Interested to hear responses. Adrenaline, and Wrench Science as well, have popped up from time to time as ways to get spec and price something a bit different (eg Adrenaline seems to offer builds using any of approximately 40 different frame brands, and none of them being the big 4).. maybe, but likely not that your LBS can do the same.
Old 09-27-21, 10:30 AM
2old

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
I've been a customer of Adrenaline Bikes and the owner's predecessors for 25 or so years; he is the one of the nicest, most reputable individuals I've encountered in the bike industry. Many purchases from them without a problem. Their shop has a plethora of Ti frames from well known manufacturers like Moots, Lynskey, Lightspeed and others. For me, it would be worth considering buying from them if it was cost specific and driving out here from CO for an expert fitting and to inspect the bike.
Likes For 2old:
Old 09-28-21, 06:16 PM
ColoFatherOf3

Thought I would update this thread with my final decision. I ended up purchasing my Moots from a LBS instead of Adrenaline. Adrenaline treated me very well and worked with me through the decision and quoting process. At the end of the day, my LBS got within a pretty close margin of where Adrenaline was with their pricing and the ability to switch parts out and get fitted locally was worth a little extra cost.

If the price differential were greater, I would have chosen Adrenaline. My dealings with them were nothing short of professional.

Thanks for all the input!
Old 09-28-21, 08:39 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Glad to hear you got a Moots and from your LBS. Can't wait to see it. Love me some Moots : )