Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Praxis Zayante Opinions

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Praxis Zayante Opinions

Old 07-02-22, 12:25 PM
jnbrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 52 Posts
Praxis Zayante Opinions

Looking for feedback on Praxis Zayante crankset.
Looking at using the Carbon model a new build due to the low weight, 48/32 rings and reasonable price.
It is a steel frame with BSA68 BB so I will need the appropriate M30 BB.

Thanks
Old 07-02-22, 12:45 PM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by jnbrown
Looking for feedback on Praxis Zayante crankset.
Looking at using the Carbon model a new build due to the low weight, 48/32 rings and reasonable price.
It is a steel frame with BSA68 BB so I will need the appropriate M30 BB.

Thanks
I like mine..same crankset option
Likes For mtbikerjohn:
Old 07-07-22, 01:33 AM
cpach

Bikes: Too many. Giant Trance X 29, Surly Midnight Special get the most time.

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 235 Posts
Weight and price are competitive, and the rings shift well. I don't really like M30--it's basically oversized GXP, and it has the same problems where the bearings aren't loaded evenly, like in HTII or BB30. I would (and did) go with FSA, https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/p...ro-modular-agx . Cheaper, <50g heavier, lower bearing drag on the BB design and better bearing life. Or say F it and get GRX--slightly wider range (48/31), a little heavier, great bottom brackets available anywhere you look, Shimano shift quality.
Old 07-07-22, 05:57 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,414 Times in 801 Posts
I have no experience with Praxis, but I do have one of these, but mine is CK90 EVO, 24mm: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29507622394...kAAOSw6I5iwg1K

It is a high quality, really nice piece of equipment. It is on a Orbea Avant. The one in the link comes with the BB. No bids as of yet, so price could be very good. There is another member that purchased one of the same that I did, I contacted him and he highly recommended it. Standard 5 bolt rings, so getting other tooth counts is easy. Just wanted to show you another option.

Off topic, but, mtbikerjohn , your BMC is smoking hot! Every time I see it, I like it more, including the cable routing.

Last edited by delbiker1; 07-07-22 at 06:01 AM.
Old 07-07-22, 09:28 AM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I have no experience with Praxis, but I do have one of these, but mine is CK90 EVO, 24mm: https://www.ebay.com/itm/29507622394...kAAOSw6I5iwg1K

It is a high quality, really nice piece of equipment. It is on a Orbea Avant. The one in the link comes with the BB. No bids as of yet, so price could be very good. There is another member that purchased one of the same that I did, I contacted him and he highly recommended it. Standard 5 bolt rings, so getting other tooth counts is easy. Just wanted to show you another option.

Off topic, but, mtbikerjohn , your BMC is smoking hot! Every time I see it, I like it more, including the cable routing.
Thanks! I love that bike
Old 07-07-22, 10:59 AM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked 272 Times in 200 Posts
My Ibis MX came with a 1x Praxis Zayante. I emailed Praxis on what was required to make it 2x. They replied the same day! They have great customer service.

2x chain ring came within a few days. Looks great, shifts great. I have not had it long enough to comment on long term durability. The only downside if you plan to chain your gearing often the direct mount chain rings cost a lot more than the 4/5 bolt chain rings. I paid $170 for 2x LEVATIME II X-KIT chainring vs $20 to $80 4/5 bolt chainrings

Old 07-07-22, 07:51 PM
Davet
Licensed Bike Geek

Bikes: Look 585, Kirk Terraplane, Serotta Ottrott, Spectrum Super Custom, Hampsten Carbon Leger Tournesol

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 47 Posts
I have Zayante cranks on two bikes. Excellent shifting and zero issues over the years I’ve run them.
Old 09-14-22, 06:03 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x9,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 162 Posts
I have force1 crankset on my gravel and I'm in the process of rebuilding/lightening another bike. I managed to secure a Zayante carbon M30 crankset with 4iiii non-drive powermeter.While this crankset was going to go on the rebuild project, I am wondering about swapping the force 1 crankset for the praxis so that the "gravel mullet xc bike" is fitted with powermeter and move the force 1 crankset and cadence sensor to the project bike.

Any thought?

thanks