Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area
Reload this Page >

Recently started going on the velodrome.

Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Recently started going on the velodrome.

Old 02-03-22, 11:15 AM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
I would double check with the velodrome, you might have misunderstood. Many tracks ban the use of screened within sight on the track to keep everyone looking up. They do allow you to mount the device in a place you can not read it (usually, somewhere towards the back of the device) to collect data.
Old 02-04-22, 03:59 AM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chas58
Safety first.
I don't see a chest strap under the jersey as being an issue, but as always I defer to local rules. Most people here use a chest strap. The Polar chest strap will certainly do you well (if allowed).

i don't see the problem either. I also don't know if it is enforced, i understand that it could be a risk if something falls off on the track but highly unlikely. It says you can't wear any monitors on your bike or watches. Im guessing they're referring to these type of heart monitors. there is also a road bike course in the complex so if i want to train i could do it there.

the cycling complex is beautiful here in england , sad part is i tore my groin playing soccer a few weeks ago and cant do anything. hopefully i wont need surgery.
Old 02-06-22, 06:51 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Thinking it could more relate to the fact that modern watches now show sensor data - same scenario as hiding the computer from view. Rather than check each watch they just blanket ban them??
Old 02-06-22, 07:11 PM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by brawlo
Thinking it could more relate to the fact that modern watches now show sensor data - same scenario as hiding the computer from view. Rather than check each watch they just blanket ban them??
no clue, will check with then eventually when I go to the cycling complex. sadly still suffering from groin injury.
Old 07-15-22, 07:05 PM
Bisexcycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
sounds perfect place to do hour record attempt or timed 1k 3k 5k etc. Plenty of different workouts. You'll want a partner to trade drafts with if your into mass start racing or thats available but if it's not then time trial. Learn how get aero, dial your own bike fit. Maybe longer stem, but just start by bending your elbows more and getting the back more parallel to the ground.