Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Gloves with no padding / unpadded glove

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Gloves with no padding / unpadded glove

Old 06-24-21, 02:05 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,798 Times in 1,798 Posts
My favorite this year is adidas labeled cycling gloves. Got 'em a few months ago, they're holding up fine. Some reinforcing faux-leather in the palms but no padding, gel, etc. Very well made and comfy. Cost a whopping five bucks at Ross or Marshalls discount stores.
Old 06-24-21, 06:54 AM
GBK233

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced 2, 2020 Giant Contend AR1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ43
Except that they have a pretty thick pad which is not what the OP wants. I have a few pairs of the Monaco II and prefer the non padded Zero CS.

Didn’t realize they were considered thickly padded. To be honest, I don’t even notice the padding when I’m riding.
Old 06-24-21, 07:56 AM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by GBK233
Didn’t realize they were considered thickly padded. To be honest, I don’t even notice the padding when I’m riding.
But you do know they have pads, correct?
Old 06-26-21, 08:26 AM
Bulette

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 49 Posts
Pearl Izumi Divide -- very durable (moreso than "road" gloves), well vented (entire backside, finger to wrist), and not-too-expensive.

https://www.pearlizumi.com/US/en/sho...ove/p/14142005
Old 06-26-21, 05:30 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
I bought some Giro Hoxton gloves made out of leather and merino wool....LLLUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVV them. I have had mine for about 5 years and I have 3 pairs...1 I have not even used yet. Mine are gray. I also have a long finger version. Best gloves ever....

https://www.amazon.com/Giro-GG20200-.../dp/B00NB5E1EW

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 06-26-21, 06:08 PM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 178 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
I bought some Giro Hoxton gloves made out of leather and merino wool....LLLUUUUUUUVVVVVVVVVV them. I have had mine for about 5 years and I have 3 pairs...1 I have not even used yet. Mine are gray. I also have a long finger version. Best gloves ever....

I like the look of those gloves. Giro is my current fav manu for my gloves and I'm riding with the Zero CS right now. I might have to grab a pair of the Hoxtons to see how they feel. It looks like they are an older line that is out of stock everywhere though.

I'm going to have to bear the searing embarrassment of having my wife shame me and call me the Imelda Marcos of cycling gloves again though.
Old 06-26-21, 06:13 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
I like the look of those gloves. Giro is my current fav manu for my gloves and I'm riding with the Zero CS right now. I might have to grab a pair of the Hoxtons to see how they feel. It looks like they are an older line that is out of stock everywhere though.

I'm going to have to bear the searing embarrassment of having my wife shame me and call me the Imelda Marcos of cycling gloves again though.

Yea I do not think Giro makes them anymore... unfortunately. That is why I am reluctant to wear they others 2 pairs until this pair I am using falls apart....but at this point...5 years and still going strong.

Old 06-27-21, 07:26 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Yea I do not think Giro makes them anymore... unfortunately. That is why I am reluctant to wear they others 2 pairs until this pair I am using falls apart....but at this point...5 years and still going strong.
+1 on the Hoxtons. Have a short and long fingered version of these. Got them for commuting use (<10 mile trip)
Old 06-27-21, 08:53 AM
Bulette

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 49 Posts

I have been slowly adding merino to my kit when and where I can afford it (and as my current items wear thin). Very disappointed to see these Hoxtons out of production; seems I missed the bus. Any other wool-backed glove recommendations, preferably unpadded?
Likes For Bulette:
Old 07-05-21, 07:12 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 997 Posts
Just recently tried the Lizard Skins Aramus Classic gloves. Very minimal padding, and nice sheepskin palms -- very nice option.