Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale is a class act!!!!!

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-21, 04:58 PM
waxcrazy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I recently pulled my M1000 Cannondale off the rafter hooks after hanging for many years with the intention to do a few things to it to make it more of a hybrid...While doing research I stumbled upon some information about the pepperoni forks having been recalled many years ago, which was news to me. I gave them a call and was told to bring it to a authorized dealer for some kind of resolution, which I did...After a couple of weeks I got a phone call telling me that they would offer me a brand new bike...My jaw dropped...Its a Trail 7 which is entry level, but comparing apples to apples ...my bike was a 1993....the new one has front shocks...Disc brakes and is brand new!!!! I just ordered a Sirrus x5 last week and never expected this which just blows me away...Hopefully I can get my wife to start riding with me and I am sitting here just blown away...Feel guilty buying the Sirrus now.. and if I knew , what a class act they were , I would probably buy another Cannondale...but...that x5 is awful hard to stop thing about.
Likes For waxcrazy:
Old 04-01-21, 06:40 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3654 Post(s)
Liked 5,392 Times in 2,737 Posts
Can't beat that for customer service!
Old 04-02-21, 12:57 AM
Prodigy4299

Bikes: 1990 Trek 850, 2005 Cannondale R1000, 2019 Cannondale Topstone 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
That's amazing.
Old 04-02-21, 03:00 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Amazing customer service but I guess you have been riding very dangerous forks for many years. Normally a recall means a significant percentage of product are unsafe and forks are one of the most dangerous components on a bike. If they fail you pretty much take a full impact on the road and may be left exposed for a HGV etc to roll straight over you and its not much better on the trails.
Old 04-07-21, 08:59 AM
BiciMan

Bikes: '97 Bianchi CDI, '97 Specialized RockHopper, '13 Specialized Sirrus Pro, '13 Trek 8.5 DS, '13 BH EasyMotion NeoXtrem, '14 Trek Domane, '86 Schwinn AirDyne ;)

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonzo Banana
Amazing customer service but I guess you have been riding very dangerous forks for many years. Normally a recall means a significant percentage of product are unsafe and forks are one of the most dangerous components on a bike. If they fail you pretty much take a full impact on the road and may be left exposed for a HGV etc to roll straight over you and its not much better on the trails.
BB, you missed that his or her bike had been hanging from the rafters "for many years", after which s/he did the appropriate and necessary research. H/she avoided the risk by doing the research prior to starting the planned modifications: A good lesson. Actually, another lesson might be bike registration, because manufacturers in the US and probably elsewhere are required/supposed to contact owners regarding recalls. Some or most dealers do this for owners when the bike is picked up. This would only apply to new bike purchases, but owners can register used bikes as well. I had two recall alerts from Trek for my DS. For the first, the dealer replaced the Suntour suspension forks, and the next one, the front QR skewers.

Of course, waxcrazy's main point and lesson is still the remarkable Cannondale response!
Old 04-08-21, 05:55 AM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Yes...That's what impressed me so! I rode it hard for a few years...Thank GOD nothing happened...Hung up my biking hobby in 1997 and there it hung...Have been jogging all along but at 64 it's been taking its toll....so I decided to pull it down and turn it into a hybred....It was a miracle I stumbled upon the old recall because I had a ton of stuff picked out and ready to hit the buy button on. LBS that didn't even sell it to me originally did all the leg work for me per Cannondale...In the meantime I put a deposit on a Sirrus x5 that should be in soon from them not expecting the results I got from Cannondale!!! But that's still a win win! Don't know if I will keep or sell the replacement because it is not as hard-core as I would like for a dedicated mountain bike...BUT....I am happy and very impressed by Cannondale!