Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

We're going to yell at you.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

We're going to yell at you.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 01:12 PM
cacatfish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im just amazed that there are "noobs" out there who can accelerate to catch a paceline moving at 30mph and then hang with that group, while still being clueless about basic paceline etiquette.
The whole thread seems like a non-starter to me. If you all are that pinched about your ride, then dont bring in unknown outsiders, period. Problem solved.
Old 05-15-07, 01:13 PM
Ih8lucky13
The Truth

Bikes: Felt f4c, Felt RXC, Guerciotti Khaybar,Guerciotti EM-2, Cervelo P-3.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
my post discredits me.

ok

how

I want a logical argument for this

nothing asinine

thank you
Well I think he actually rides with a person who was a Tour de France participant, so you calling it a noob group is hilarious.
Old 05-15-07, 01:13 PM
indygreg
Duathlete

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have not been on this forum in months . . . and I see this dumb thread at the top again. I am going to yell at my PC.
Old 05-15-07, 01:15 PM
ElJamoquio
Burning Matches.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4077 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 676 Posts
I love Haiku.
Old 05-15-07, 01:15 PM
ElJamoquio
Burning Matches.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4077 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 676 Posts
Originally Posted by indygreg
I have not been on this forum in months . . . and I see this dumb thread at the top again. I am going to yell at my PC.
Yup. Same old BF. I should start a BD thread...
Old 05-15-07, 01:25 PM
Namenda

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ElJamoquio
Yup. Same old BF. I should start a BD thread...

Cool...we've been needing one of those.
Old 05-15-07, 01:48 PM
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ih8lucky13
Well I think he actually rides with a person who was a Tour de France participant, so you calling it a noob group is hilarious.
well he didn't give me a basis for his group so I can only judge from his statements.

If it was a real group that had tdf riders, why would they let utter new people join their paceline? That just doesnt make sense.

I doubt Basso or Lance would let random riders join their training rides. But thats just me. I guess I don't see the logic?
Old 05-15-07, 01:52 PM
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
ovoleg is eternal n00b at life. rofl.
Old 05-15-07, 01:53 PM
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht

Bikes: Russian Vodka

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
ovoleg is eternal n00b at life. rofl.
dude you rofl alot, I want to see pictures because I like cute penguins rolling on the ground. I think I would make it my work background and screensaver.

PLS DONT BE MREAN TO ME AND TAKE A PIC

Eternal n00bness is what I live by.
Old 05-15-07, 02:12 PM
CastIron
Sensible shoes.

Bikes: A few.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ya know Ovoleg, you're a pretty articulate fellow, which is why I'm so mystified that every time you latch on to a thread you start running around barking "NOOB!" in some fashion like a ******** kid in Target who just learned a naughty word is a good way to get attention promptly.
And before you say it: I'm your noobcake baby!
Originally Posted by cedricbosch
Why am I in your signature.
Old 05-15-07, 02:27 PM
botto 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ih8lucky13
FA?
Old 05-15-07, 02:30 PM
VT to CA
Roman Killer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sick of fred punks with a couple of years under their belt playing guru on this site.

They post threads that showcase some pretty rotten behavior, but because they couple that with some valid statements about etiquette or safety, everyone here attacks anyone who has a problem with it.

I often do a weekly circle too. It usually features members of the Jelly Belly team and other local pros. Discovery team guys have shown up a couple of times. One of them had a funny name... Lance. Speaking of "Tour de France participants" Floyd has shown too.

Basically, this group could lap the OP's entire paceline without breaking a sweat.

No one is a dick. No one yells at noobs. I once saw a new guy about to be lapped swerving crazily around a corner. Nearly caused a giant wreck. People slowed, got around him, and called out (politely) that they were coming... nothing else.

Guess what? The new guy wasn't blind, saw what he almost did, and the next time he was about to be lapped, he moved to the far left. Nobody was rude to him, because they didn't need to be.
Old 05-15-07, 02:31 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
I'd say it's time for a noobie doobie.
Old 05-15-07, 02:32 PM
botto 

Originally Posted by VT to CA
I'm sick of fred punks with a couple of years under their belt playing guru on this site.

They post threads that showcase some pretty rotten behavior, but because they couple that with some valid statements about etiquette or safety, everyone here attacks anyone who has a problem with it.

I often do a weekly circle too. It usually features members of the Jelly Belly team and other local pros. Discovery team guys have shown up a couple of times. One of them had a funny name... Lance. Speaking of "Tour de France participants" Floyd has shown too.

Basically, this group could lap the OP's entire paceline without breaking a sweat.

No one is a dick. No one yells at noobs. I once saw a new guy about to be lapped swerving crazily around a corner. Nearly caused a giant wreck. People slowed, got around him, and called out (politely) that they were coming... nothing else.

Guess what? The new guy wasn't blind, saw what he almost did, and the next time he was about to be lapped, he moved to the far left. Nobody was rude to him, because they didn't need to be.
you don't get it.
Old 05-15-07, 02:34 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Hmmm - I could be wrong, but I believe that ES was calling races for the guys that were inspirations for the kids you mentioned you ride with.
Old 05-15-07, 02:45 PM
VT to CA
Roman Killer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by botto
you don't get it.
What's not to get?

Here's what I "got"... I'm a noob too, in that I've recently moved into a phase of my cycling career that had me feeling pretty good about myself... when I saw that new guy almost cause a wreck, my first arrogant thought was to say something rude, or shout, or whatever.

Before I could open my mouth, I was instantly humbled by the gentle words coming from the rider to my left... an Olympian (among other things) and a guy who's won more events than I've entered...

What I "got" was that respect is one of the most powerful tools in cycling, as it is in life.

Maybe the OP has more years and experience under his belt than I gave him credit for. But if he hasn't learned this basic fact in all that time...

Last edited by VT to CA; 05-16-07 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-15-07, 02:48 PM
botto 

What's not to get?

Here's what I "got"... I'm a noob too, in that I've recently moved into a phase of my cycling career that had me feeling pretty good about myself... when I saw that new guy almost cause a wreck, my first arrogant thought was to say something rude, or shout, or whatever.

Before I could open my mouth, I was instantly humbled by the gentle words coming from the rider to my left... an Olympian (among other things) and a guy who's won more events than I've entered...

What's I "got" was that respect is one of the most powerful tools in cycling, as it is in life.
1. read psimet's post.

2. work on developing a sense of humor, along with a healthy set of lungs and legs. it goes a long way.
Old 05-15-07, 03:10 PM
VT to CA
Roman Killer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by botto
1. read psimet's post.

2. work on developing a sense of humor, along with a healthy set of lungs and legs. it goes a long way.
Think for a second about my posts. I'm talking about pros at the top of their game. I'm talking about former old-dog pros who've seen and done it all, old enough to be my grandpa.

It doesn't get anymore real than that. Whoever the OP is, these guys trump that a million times over. And the overwhelming attitude from this group is one of mellowness and respect for all.

If you read some of my other posts (most recently in "Why do you people here ride/own carbon fibre bikes?") you know I have a sense of humor. I just don't find screaming at confused noobs to be especially funny.
Old 05-15-07, 03:16 PM
botto 

Think for a second about my posts. I'm talking about pros at the top of their game. I'm talking about former old-dog pros who've seen and done it all, old enough to be my grandpa.

It doesn't get anymore real than that. Whoever the OP is, these guys trump that a million times over. And the overwhelming attitude from this group is one of mellowness and respect for all.

If you read some of my other posts ("Why do you people here ride/own carbon fibre bikes?" most recently) you know I have a sense of humor. I just don't find screaming at confused noobs to be especially funny.
sorry, i do my best to avoid opening up threads created by trolls likes of the person who started the carbon bikes thread, or the ignorant to everything apart from doping troll with the hinault avatar.
Old 05-15-07, 03:17 PM
CastIron
Sensible shoes.

Bikes: A few.

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Botto, I'm with you on that. but I just perused his response to that crap thread and it was priceless. Well worth it IMHO.
Originally Posted by cedricbosch
Why am I in your signature.
Old 05-15-07, 03:27 PM
ovoleg