Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Timed that almost right, for once

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-22, 02:59 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts

My usual timing is to find or remember I need something just after a big sale....

I've been using a Racermate II since 1984. I went to a triple crank last year, and it's been difficult keeping the Racermate functional since then - the post that supports the BB has to be adjusted just right to avoid interference between the crank or tires and the Racermate structure. I was thinking about getting a new trainer over the last few weeks, researching magnetic vs fluid vs smart, researching brands, thinking about brand name vs under-$100, new vs Craigslist, etc., when I found out that Kurt Kinetic had its Road Machines on sale. I actually put a Road Machine in the cart last Monday.

I returned to the Kinetic website Thursday and found they had dropped the price another $5 that day. I almost pulled the trigger but decided to ride the trainer instead. Five minutes into the ride, I heard a brand new, very unpleasant noise from the fans' bearings - clicking and screeching. I think the bearing(s) have worn out. I went back to the Kurt Kinetic website and completed the purchase. The tracking info says it will arrive tomorrow, Sunday.

Finally something broke with timing that let me get a sale price without waiting.

I wonder if I could find a new fan assembly cheap....

Last edited by philbob57; 02-19-22 at 03:06 PM.
Likes For philbob57: