Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Get yourself into peak fitness

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Old 04-19-22, 07:02 PM
DoggettDude

Bikes: Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Hi all,

I have a suggestion to top up your racing fitness. It’s a bike ride in Mars Hill NC, just north of Asheville. Full disclosure: this is not a race. It is a charity ride that occupies a hole in the local racing calendar; as a result, while the main body of the ride looks like any charity event, the tête de course has become a race-pace ride through some spectacular low-traffic roads in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It draws the elite of the Asheville racing community and beyond for the Doggett Mountain climb (8.5% for over 3 miles) and four other mountain crossings.

Date: July 9, 2022

youtube:

I have worked with the volunteers at the rest stops to perfect their bottle hand-offs. The lead group does not need to stop for water or sweet-talk their spouses into standing by the road with a bottle in hand. We do that.

If you are in a team or club, you can qualify for the club sponsorship program. We help defray the travel expenses of clubs who send 6 or more pre-registered riders. Details on request or check out the website.

The options are 100 miles, 100K and 31 miles. Information about lodging is on the website. Pre-registration goes until July 5; day-of registrations are welcome, but will not be included in the club sponsorship program.

Hot Doggett is a fundraiser for scholarships and other local youth programs and is run by the Rotary Club of Madison County.

I hope to see you all this summer!
Old 06-17-22, 07:59 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Bump

https://www.facebook.com/HotDog100/

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 06-17-22 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-18-22, 09:43 AM
DoggettDude

Now that you mention it, yes, there is chip timing at Hot Doggett.
Old 05-15-23, 03:52 PM
DoggettDude

Update

Thanks to UHC Pro Cycling, we received a mess of their water bottles for the bottle hand-offs. No more asking your significant other to stand by the side of the road.