Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Bmx Rim/hoop question

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Bmx Rim/hoop question

Old 09-11-22, 11:23 AM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Bmx Rim/hoop question

Hello I’m looking for bmx hoops to build some wheels with my custom taste.
I’m looking at second hand options so far I have options of cult and odyssey

my question is which one is “better” if at all and which should I seek and which brands should I avoid and which brand would give me “bmx points”

thanks in advance

FYI I won’t be doing “bmx things” just casual riding. That being said my goal is to score a good set for a good price and not so much a cheap set for a cheap price.
Old 10-04-22, 04:14 PM
buddiiee 

Bikes: 70's Nuovo Record Jeunet Franche Compte, '88 105 Trek 1200, '85 Victory Bianchi Vittoria, '89 Exage Bianchi Strada LX, '11 Shimano Masi Partenza

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
How much do you weigh? What will you be subjecting your bike to? These are things to consider when looking at single vs double wall, pinned vs welded, and 36 vs 48 spokes...

Old 11-05-22, 01:24 PM
Jukka4130

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hard to go wrong with the most well-known brands like Odyssey, GSport or even Alienation. Just pick the color and dimensions you like, and run with it.