Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Kickr Core - Basic Training Apps

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Kickr Core - Basic Training Apps

Old 08-27-22, 02:54 PM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
I don't get it. I hear it a lot, "the "X" training programs are so much better than Zwift. Help me out. Isn't a workout essentially a series of watt production numbers? Show me any Trainer Road workout and I believe I can find a very similar workout on Zwift.
I'm sure you are correct that you can replicate any given workout on any given platform. The added value comes from knowing what workouts to do, and when to do them--that's the difference between a workout and a training program. This is not to say that you can't design your own training program.
Old 08-27-22, 04:02 PM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by adamrice
I'm sure you are correct that you can replicate any given workout on any given platform. The added value comes from knowing what workouts to do, and when to do them--that's the difference between a workout and a training program. This is not to say that you can't design your own training program.
So it's not one platform that is better than the other. The trick is finding the best workout for your situation. This is why Zwift is the virtual king. It not only has those workouts, but it also offers much, much more.
Old 09-02-22, 11:51 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4381 Post(s)
Liked 4,817 Times in 2,976 Posts
Originally Posted by La Tortue
So it's not one platform that is better than the other. The trick is finding the best workout for your situation. This is why Zwift is the virtual king. It not only has those workouts, but it also offers much, much more.
Actually Zwift is pretty weak when it comes to structured training plans. TrainerRoad and SYSTM are far better in this respect. Zwift is king for virtual racing rather than training. TrainerRoad is probably the gold standard for adaptive training plans, but I find SYSTM more entertaining and their plans are effective.