Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Midwest

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from the Midwest

Old 08-06-22, 07:29 PM
Kept

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from the Midwest

Hey all, just a mid-thirties person who recently rekindled my love of cycling by purchasing a Miyata 912. I'm a tall person at around 6'5" and the majority of that is in my legs, so while the frame is 63cm, it's still a bit too small. I've spent the last few months messing with different stems and seatposts and generally getting the bike back into fighting shape which has been a frustrating and satisfying exercise in equal measure. This forum has been a fantastic guide as I have addressed various things that need fixing on the bike, so I figured it was time to join and participate.

I feel like a fool for not cycling with any frequency since around high school, being on a bike is one of life's greatest joys. Because winters are pretty brutal where I live, I intend to ride as much as possible during the summer and fall and then get an indoor trainer when it gets colder. My eventual goal would be to do some touring next summer and gradually ramp up the distances and intensity over the next few years.

I have a real appreciation for older bikes, and while I love the aesthetics of steel road bikes like my Miyata, I have a deep soft spot for older Cannondale frames from the late eighties and early nineties. At this point, my dream would be to have an unmolested Cannondale ST1000 for touring. I think the largest size on that frame was 25", but I hope that I could make it work.

Anyway, happy to be here!
Old 08-06-22, 08:51 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,235 Times in 616 Posts
Welcome. Nice Intro.