Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

New UCI Champions League

Old 11-05-20, 08:04 AM
700wheel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
New UCI Champions League

\

UCI announces 2021 Track Champions League

"First announced in March as a World League taking place in 2021 and 2022, the new format will instead be staged over six successive weekends at the end of next year."

The UCI, in partnership with broadcaster Eurosport, hope the Champions League featuring the world's best sprint and endurance riders will help expand track cycling's global TV fanbase outside of its traditional following.

"Each of the six events at as yet unspecified venues will last around two hours and feature four disciplines for men and women -- individual sprint, keirin, elimination race and scratch race".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=msedgdhp

I preferred the old world cup format that included TTs. I am not optimistic that this format wioll last very long.

What do you guys think about this format
Old 11-05-20, 09:22 AM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Originally Posted by 700wheel
\

"First announced in March as a World League taking place in 2021 and 2022, the new format will instead be staged over six successive weekends at the end of next year."

The UCI, in partnership with broadcaster Eurosport, hope the Champions League featuring the world's best sprint and endurance riders will help expand track cycling's global TV fanbase outside of its traditional following.

"Each of the six events at as yet unspecified venues will last around two hours and feature four disciplines for men and women -- individual sprint, keirin, elimination race and scratch race".

I preferred the old world cup format that included TTs. I am not optimistic that this format wioll last very long.

I agree with you. Track racing is like atonalitY in music, it’s not for everyone.
Old 11-05-20, 10:31 AM
TRACKMAN
hide not your essence

Bikes: Airborne,DeRosa,Guerciotti,Jamis,Merckx,Paris Sport,Raleigh,Vitus

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Anything to revive track . I miss Kissena Queens on Wednesday nights. Men women teens all abilities having a blast. Road racing bites for spectators sans bmx and cyclocross and a short crit.

Nothing like track for action right up front and in your face ☺️
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )...
Old 11-10-20, 04:27 AM
ruudlaff

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 700wheel
\

Whilst it's a shame that there won't be any TTs, that isn't the kind of event that draws in the more casual fans or even non-cycling viewers. They've probably picked the right events to give this a test, we will see if it works.
Old 11-10-20, 09:22 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Let's be honest, even as a cycling fan, I find TTs and pursuits incredibly boring to watch, and they take a long time.
Old 11-11-20, 08:57 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Let's be honest, even as a cycling fan, I find TTs and pursuits incredibly boring to watch, and they take a long time.
Those are like the only days I tune in
Old 11-11-20, 10:13 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
Those are like the only days I tune in
Yeah, but you're not a normal person.
Old 11-11-20, 10:26 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
Yeah, but you're not a normal person.
The day I paused the WC TT to try and count how many teeth were on Tony Martin's chainring I realized I was a somewhat sad fellow
Likes For Morelock: