Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Haibike SNAFU

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Haibike SNAFU

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-21, 10:37 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
Haibike SNAFU

My 2017 Yamaha-equipped Haibike SDURO display system isn't operational, meaning when I install the battery and push the "on" button, nothing happens. I replaced the battery in the display (apparently the display doesn't operate from the main battery) to ensure that wasn't the problem, but nothing happened. This bike has been used sparingly since I've always enjoyed my DIY bikes more, but worked fine yesterday. The bike has never been dropped, operated in adverse conditions, jumped or otherwise mistreated and still appears new. None of the wires are loose, broken or whatever although some are hidden in the frame tubes. The main battery tested fine. Apparently Haibike has left the US because when I put my location into their system for either sales or service, it directed me to their nearest location, Iceland. Fortunately a local shop agreed to look at the bike tomorrow. If this were a DIY bike it wouldn't be a problem since the motor, controller, wires etc are external and can be tested. Additionally, the company would still be available (one can procure any part for my BBS02 from many dealers). I'll try to continue the saga if anything interesting transpires.
Old 08-25-21, 09:49 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
Have learned that, at least for the present, Haibike has joined Focus and other European companies and left the US market.The only saving grace may be that Giant uses Yamaha mid-drives on some models so there may be enough overlap to get service and parts. I'll find out tomorrow. Doesn't seem fair to allow a company to just up and leave knowing their customers probably are hosed.