Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy vs Fulgaz

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 08:15 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Rouvy vs Fulgaz

And the winner is (for me) Rouvy. Why? Well, both worked fine. Video on each streamed nicely, Stats were kept and transferred to Strava. Both had plenty of rides to choose from. So why Rouvy? The displays. I just preferred the presentation of Rouvy vs Fulgaz. While I'd still make some changes, I liked how the info was presented, the avatar, etc. Will, Emma, and Peter seem to agree. :-)

FWIW, I always streamed video since I have a good connection. Never saw a need to download videos. On each platform connecting sensors was never an issue, and the video was pretty clear and free of digital weirdness for the most part. So for me Rouvy makes a nice compliment to Zwift, which I've been using for a few years.
Old 07-07-22, 03:05 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
not sure who will, emma, and peter are but that is the same reason why i went with rouvy. cancelled for the summer like i always do but will sign up again in november or sooner if the western wild fires are like last year.
Old 07-07-22, 06:15 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by spelger
not sure who will, emma, and peter are but that is the same reason why i went with rouvy. cancelled for the summer like i always do but will sign up again in november or sooner if the western wild fires are like last year.
Will, Emma, and Peter are the bots who you can have pacing you through a ride. Just a little geeky thing included in the program. I'm indoors only now, so it's a nice option for me.
Old 07-08-22, 10:08 AM
spelger

Originally Posted by dmanthree
Will, Emma, and Peter are the bots who you can have pacing you through a ride. Just a little geeky thing included in the program. I'm indoors only now, so it's a nice option for me.
did not know they existed. in case you don't know if you ride a route you have done in the past you can add your former self to complete with. you can add others as well. i was doing this when i picked routes where no one was riding becasue it is a bit boring to ride alone in teh virtual world. i do enough of that in the real world.
Old 07-08-22, 01:18 PM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by spelger
did not know they existed. in case you don't know if you ride a route you have done in the past you can add your former self to complete with. you can add others as well. i was doing this when i picked routes where no one was riding becasue it is a bit boring to ride alone in teh virtual world. i do enough of that in the real world.
Shoot, I didn't know that! I'll have to try it once I start repeating routes. But that could be a while.

;-)

You set up the "pace bots" in your settings. They're OK.
Old 07-08-22, 02:56 PM
spelger

Originally Posted by dmanthree
Shoot, I didn't know that! I'll have to try it once I start repeating routes. But that could be a while.

;-)

You set up the "pace bots" in your settings. They're OK.
the next time you start a ride there is a button to add riders. the interface is not very good but you can search based on name (you will need this when looking for you) or i think by time. you can add a few. i've tried my best to guess how long a route will take me. i like to have better riders on the route so i can try to catch up.
Old 07-18-22, 11:34 AM
IcySwan1 

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
If the bot “Emma” is based on Emma Pooley then I am toast before we start.

Mike
Likes For IcySwan1:
Old 07-21-22, 11:26 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by IcySwan1
If the bot “Emma” is based on Emma Pooley then I am toast before we start.

Mike
They're all very polite and won't drop you.

;-)
Old 07-21-22, 01:26 PM
spelger

i have not used rouvy since maybe march or so. are these bots a recent addition? i recall being able to add other riders but not the bots. do they tease you? like let you catch up but then move ahead as you get too close? i do like passing other riders as it gives me a goal that pushes me a but harder. it was so hard to pick the right other riders on most of the routes becasue i never could know how well i'd do on the ones i never road. and i almost never road anything more than once. so many choices, a nice problem to have.
Old 07-22-22, 05:39 PM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
The ghost riders where added a couple of updates ago. You can turn the off in the settings of the app. The ghost riders ride at your pace. They basically are there as companions.
Old 07-24-22, 07:28 AM
dmanthree

Originally Posted by Ed Wiser
The ghost riders where added a couple of updates ago. You can turn the off in the settings of the app. The ghost riders ride at your pace. They basically are there as companions.
Maybe, but they don't talk much.

;-)