Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Strava needs to upgrade "Today" to "On the day"

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 08-07-22, 06:16 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6927 Post(s)
Liked 10,930 Times in 4,667 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Since we are wishing out loud, I would like to see not just the overall KOMs and QOMs but the same for the age brackets. Comparing a 70 YOs best time on a segment to a 20 YOs is not a level playing field.

Originally Posted by Koyote
Pay a subscription fee and all your dreams will come true.
Have had one for two years plus.
Umm, okay… then all of those age-specific stats you want to see are actually there. Have you looked?
Old 08-07-22, 08:35 AM
ZHVelo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
Did you even read the original post? The poster asked "Do you agree?" If the answer is "no," wtf else do you want someone to say?
There was no question in the title. Funny that you ask me if I read something, when you obviously didn't read what I wrote, which is why click on a thread like this if you aren't interested in it? That was my question.
Old 08-07-22, 08:36 AM
ZHVelo

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Evidently, s/he thinks that the only sensible thing to do is to ignore it unless you agree, thereby ensuring feedback with 100% agreement - that's a great way to take the temperature of the room.
One can use singular they with an unknown antecedent.

And yes, I am indeed surprised that people here tend to click on things they aren't interested in. It is odd.
Likes For ZHVelo:
Old 08-07-22, 08:46 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by ZHVelo
There was no question in the title. Funny that you ask me if I read something, when you obviously didn't read what I wrote, which is why click on a thread like this if you aren't interested in it? That was my question.
Nah, we've read what you said and found it lacking.

What is "it" for you? The "it" that I was interested in was the OPs reasoning, which turned out to not be terribly compelling for me. If you think that people should only click things on which they're sure to be in lockstep agreement, too bad.
Old 08-07-22, 08:52 AM
ZHVelo

Nah, we've read what you said and found it lacking.

What is "it" for you? The "it" that I was interested in was the OPs reasoning, which turned out to not be terribly compelling for me. If you think that people should only click things on which they're sure to be in lockstep agreement, too bad.

Why did you click on the title if you don't care?

ps don't come with "I wanted to know the reasoning". That is pure bs. This is such a simple thing, it requires no reasoning. Either you want to the feature or not.
Old 08-07-22, 08:55 AM
WhyFi

Why did you click on the title if you don't care?
Ah, so one is either in immediate agreement or immediate disagreement and there's no between where one could be swayed one way or another. Got it. You sound like an open-minded girl/guy.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 08-07-22, 08:59 AM
ZHVelo

Ah, so one is either in immediate agreement or immediate disagreement and there's no between where one could be swayed one way or another. Got it. You sound like an open-minded girl/guy.
Because this is such a complex issue you needed someone to spell out a genius argument for you to go "oh, maybe after all I like the idea".
Old 08-07-22, 09:00 AM
WhyFi

ps don't come with "I wanted to know the reasoning". That is pure bs. This is such a simple thing, it requires no reasoning. Either you want to the feature or not.
ps who are you that we need to justify why we click on a thread title? Bite me.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 08-07-22, 09:01 AM
ZHVelo

ps who are you that we need to justify why we click on a thread title? Bite me.
You don't have to justify anything to me.

I asked a question. You could have chosen to ignore it. But that seems something you aren't keen on doing as I have learned.
Old 08-07-22, 09:07 AM
WhyFi

Because this is such a complex issue you needed someone to spell out a genius argument for you to go "oh, maybe after all I like the idea".
Exactly. It's not a complex issue and I wondered if I was missing something. I wasn't. I then shared my opinion because it was solicited. I'm sorry if that offends the part of you that wants participation trophies for everyone.
Old 08-07-22, 09:08 AM
ZHVelo

Exactly. It's not a complex issue and I wondered if I was missing something. I wasn't. I then shared my opinion because it was solicited. I'm sorry if that offends the part of you that wants participation trophies for everyone.
ok boomer.
Old 08-07-22, 09:16 AM
WhyFi

ok boomer.
I'll take that as a confirmation that the comment hit home.

Ta ta.
Old 08-07-22, 09:45 AM
ZHVelo

I'll take that as a confirmation that the comment hit home.

Ta ta.
Yea, that was exactly it, well done.

Edit: Actually, if you'd bother to think just a little, you'd understand.
Old 08-07-22, 09:52 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2970 Post(s)
Liked 1,177 Times in 768 Posts
Since we are wishing out loud, I would like to see not just the overall KOMs and QOMs but the same for the age brackets. Comparing a 70 YOs best time on a segment to a 20 YOs is not a level playing field.
Tinker Juarez stopped by to say hi.
Likes For prj71:
Old 08-07-22, 11:05 AM
Koyote

Ah, okay. So, if someone asks "Do you agree"? in their post, but it's not in the thread title, then it doesn't count. Got it.

You're grasping at straws on this one and making yourself look even more ridiculous.

PS: Unlike you, I have actually provided info that someone requested; see my post #26, above. What have you contributed, aside from some sniveling illogic?
Old 08-07-22, 12:18 PM
ZHVelo

Ah, okay. So, if someone asks "Do you agree"? in their post, but it's not in the thread title, then it doesn't count. Got it.

You're grasping at straws on this one and making yourself look even more ridiculous.

PS: Unlike you, I have actually provided info that someone requested; see my post #26, above. What have you contributed, aside from some sniveling illogic?
I didn't say it doesn't count. I was, not anymore, genuinely curious why so many people clicked on a thread whose title they don't care about. But I forgot that this is BF.

What straws? What illogic? Care to explain or you just needed an ego boost?
Old 08-07-22, 12:28 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2555 Post(s)
Liked 5,578 Times in 2,895 Posts
Since this thread has devolved into name calling and bickering, it’s probably time to close it.

It would be nice to add an improvement to the site where if you have blocked someone, you also can’t view their less than kind responses to others as well.

Last edited by rsbob; 08-07-22 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-07-22, 12:38 PM
Koyote

Since this thread has devolved into name calling and bickering, it’s probably time to close it.

It would be nice to add an improvement to the site where if you have blocked someone, you also can’t view their less than kind responses to others as well.
Before you go, try going to a Strava segment leaderboard, and find the drop-down menu right above it -- you should see the option "All Time." Click on it, and you can view the age-bracketed results for the segment. (Also welght-bracketed, gender, etc.) If you have a paid Strava subscription, the data you want is right there.
Old 08-09-22, 01:21 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Grotug
On Strava you can see how you did against other people on a segment, for "all time, "this year" and "today". But when Tomorrow comes you can no longer compare how you did against others on the day you rode the segment. Strava really needs to upgrade the "today" segment filter to "on the day". Do you agree? Because the next day comes and I want to see how I did against others on the day of the event I participated in, but I can no longer get that filter because "today" ended.

Anyway, I'm finally figuring out this training thing and am seeing new heights to my fitness (which, apparently, no one cares about when they are suffering on a tough ride). Actually, the aid station guy didn't seem to care, either, and seemed to be making a special effort not to be friendly to me. I guess it's faux pax in general to share your enthusiasm about achieving new fitness heights to others. :confused:
It's been requested in the past. IIRC someone smarter than I in the world of computers stated that there might be a seriously difficult coding problem to get around that depending on how integral the function is to their coding. And might be why they haven't tried it.

Otherwise, as a paying person, I would greatly appreciate that because we have a little time trial club. Having "day of" fixed in Strava would make keeping up with the score sheet easier.
Old 08-09-22, 04:34 PM
jaycb74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While we are wishing, I'd like PRs per year. Every year I get older, I can't beat my PRs from 10 years ago, would be nice after a really good climb, I get a little PR or top 3 for 2022, just a nice little touch IMO.
Old 08-09-22, 05:46 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 1,179 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
It's been requested in the past. IIRC someone smarter than I in the world of computers stated that there might be a seriously difficult coding problem to get around that depending on how integral the function is to their coding. And might be why they haven't tried it.

Otherwise, as a paying person, I would greatly appreciate that because we have a little time trial club. Having "day of" fixed in Strava would make keeping up with the score sheet easier.
what? You must be remembering incorrectly. I write sw for a living and that is a trivial feature to implement. I think strava just does not see the value in it.
Old 08-10-22, 08:17 AM
freetors

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
While we're at it, it would be nice to be able to start a community vote to nuke certain segments. For instance one of my local mountain bike trail areas has been undergoing a revamp where in some places newer and much faster trails are being built alongside or over top of older trails. And this is in a place that already had a spiderweb of trail segments that are too close together for strava to tell them apart. Almost every strava time there is complete garbage now. It would be really great to be able to thin out the number of redundant or erroneous segments.
Likes For freetors: