Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Timeout

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-23, 05:23 PM
canalligators
Old guy & bikes

Bikes: Rans V-Rex, Raleigh International, Rans Sequoia, GT Timberline, Double Vision tandem, Optima Baron, old Raleighs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Timeout

I don’t see a topic area for Website…

Is there a way to lengthen the timeout on the site or reply functions? Twice now, it has timed out while I wrote a message, and my typing was lost. Very annoying.
Old 02-10-23, 06:14 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
When you sign in click the Remember Me box.

Old 02-10-23, 10:44 PM
canalligators
Old guy & bikes

Bikes: Rans V-Rex, Raleigh International, Rans Sequoia, GT Timberline, Double Vision tandem, Optima Baron, old Raleighs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 47 Posts
Thanks, that worked. It wasn’t obvious to me what “remember me” meant. My guess was it meant to keep me logged in, even if I leave the page. I guess it means to keep me logged in while on the page.
Likes For canalligators:
Old 02-13-23, 11:31 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6178 Post(s)
Liked 4,795 Times in 3,307 Posts
It also will keep you from having to log in when you return to the site. Unless of course you've cleared the persistent cookies from your browser cache.

It's not really a security issue since there is nothing malicious that anyone can do on this site if they were to use a computer you've set to remember you other than maybe make posts using your member name which might besmirch your reputation.
Likes For Iride01: