Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

V seat

Old 02-09-23, 06:15 PM
BillinPA

Bikes: Specialized Diverge Smartweld,Specialized Sirrus Sport, Townie 7D, Specialized crave comp 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
V seat

Stumbling through YouTube, I saw an advertisement for the V seat.
it is another take on a noseless saddle..
of course the reviewers raved..
Does anyone here have one? I'd like to hear your experience.
thevseat.com
Old 02-14-23, 11:24 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2475 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
The number one adjustment that most people mess up with their saddle, is to have it too far from the handlebars. Do that with a noseless saddle and you fall off. That, IMO, is their sole virtue. With a standard saddle you will end up perched on the nose of the thing. Ouch. $119 for a clown saddle in day-glo colors. I can't let you do it Bill. Buy this saddle instead, and start your adjustments centered on the rails, with the flat part dead level. The nose rises up and keeps you in position. If you have pressure on the saddle, move it closer to the bars, not further away! Still in pain? Lower the saddle. This saddle WILL work for you or I will buy it from you. Best.
Likes For Leisesturm:
Old 02-16-23, 08:07 PM
BillinPA

Bikes: Specialized Diverge Smartweld,Specialized Sirrus Sport, Townie 7D, Specialized crave comp 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for your generous offer. I actually am saddle satisfied!!!
I am just curious if anyone who actually rides....actually has one of those.
Old 03-29-23, 11:23 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts

Overhead view of Spiderflex. I thought this saddle was not worth consideration when first I saw their ads. After trying several other brands of inadequate noseless saddles I bought one of these. I now own 4 and am very satisfied with them.
The V seat looks interesting. I have not tried it. I use Spiderflex noseless saddles. Spiderflex solves two big problems with their saddle. They solve the prostatitis issue that nose saddles cause. They also solve the high pressure that your sitz bones inflict on the skin between those two bones and the saddle. The Spiderflex completely solved the saddle sore issues I had from these two pressure points. The Spiderflex is the best noseless saddle I've ridden because the sitz bones sink into two channels cut into each side of the saddle and this keeps the seat from moving around. Noseless saddles without this feature move freely around during power strokes and take a while to get used to. The Spiderflex does not move around and is very much like a nose saddle without all the prostate and saddle sore issues caused by same.

Last edited by tallbikeman; 06-03-23 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Adding photo
Likes For tallbikeman: