Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

What are some of the highest quality cruisers?

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

What are some of the highest quality cruisers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 03:59 PM
cyberous

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got my townie because I could ride from bar to bar on it (literal booze cruise) in Santa Cruz and Capitola. It’s so comfortable to ride and because of that I added a 750W mid drive to it. Now I pass all the road bike guys, they just laugh and say "your cheating!"… YEE HAW
Old 04-22-16, 04:23 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
I've used a Trek Pure for about eight months to ease back into. while it had been absolutely reliable throughout, eight months is hardly long enough to really gauge its longevity. I never used it to actually cruise on actual beaches (even though I live in a coastal city,) but I did ride some harsh surfaces, including a newly leveled, unpaved road near my house, and poorly maintained sidewalks with plenty of broken tiles, not to mention the countless potholes and ruts. The reason I sold the Pure for the more "normal" Shift 2 is that I just couldn't get comfortable with its geometry, especially the long reach to the handlebars (unusually long effective top tube) and the so-called "Feet First" geometry of the crank.

Biria Balloon 7, anyone?

Last edited by sjanzeir; 06-11-16 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-12-23, 07:50 PM
Dbkns2002

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
3gbikes

[

I have a beautiful pair of 3G Royal Cruisers. One women's white, one men's black, vintage around 2002 in perfect condition.
I want to sell or consign. Do you have any interest? I will deliver. If you would like to purchase please make offer.
Thank you,
Dick Dobkins
Sarasota, FL
QUOTE=avidone1;18251939]I may get one to leave at my daughters house. I do love a quality product. I would pay up to six or seven hundred if needed, but suppose a good quality cruiser could still come in at a lower price point. I would like to have at least 3 speeds, no more than 7.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-06-23, 05:49 AM
T REXXX

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My advice would be to Sun Bikes