Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Di2 shifting problem

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Di2 shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-23, 07:29 AM
Gasman1440

Bikes: 2019 Custom All City Gorilla Monsoon 2016 Synapse 2020 Orbea Gain M201 2020 State Bicycle All Road Bicycle Nomad SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
When you say you indexed it, how do you mean indexed? Did you get into eTube project or use the buttons on the junction box to set the micro-adjust positions for each cog?
Can you index for each cog? I was on your website and must have missed that for an 11 speed Di2 system. I know SRAM does not and think thats ridiculous.

Txs!
Old 03-19-23, 08:43 AM
TerryDi2C
Di2 fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Gasman1440
Can you index for each cog? I was on your website and must have missed that for an 11 speed Di2 system. I know SRAM does not and think thats ridiculous.

Txs!
there is no adjustment per cog, no
Old 03-19-23, 08:49 AM
Gasman1440

Bikes: 2019 Custom All City Gorilla Monsoon 2016 Synapse 2020 Orbea Gain M201 2020 State Bicycle All Road Bicycle Nomad SE

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the quick response (including the email!!). This is very frustrating and IMHO very dumb, can we petition Shimano?? I asked SRAM some time ago but they think simple is better, frustrating.
Old 03-19-23, 09:51 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4396 Post(s)
Liked 1,555 Times in 1,020 Posts
Originally Posted by M4tt3
Thanks Barry. Also for your call earlier. I will see the type of the hub once I am able to remove the cassette as so far my screwdriver/hammer approach resulted only in few cuts on my hands. It's properly stuck there. I would love like to claim that the shifted casette is a the result of my super legs power and the wattage going through the pedals but somehow think that the answer is different.
That almost certainly happened because the cassette lockring wasn't tight enough. The threads should be greased and forcefully tightened so the cogs are trapped against each other.
Old 05-12-23, 09:57 AM
DaSpark

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a very similar issue with my Di2. Shifting from 11 to 10 would often fail and would just "click-click-click". This was the only gear giving me any issues at all. I would have to shift to 9 and then up to 10 to use my 10th gear. After struggling with this for 2-3 months I finally found out my B screw was the problem. Set that correctly and the problem went away completely. I now have perfect shifting to all gears again.

Therefore, I would check your B-Screw. There is a tool you can use but I set it by doing this:
  1. With the bike on a stand put the front in the smallest ring and the rear also in the smallest ring (yes, it will be a cross chain config)
  2. Unscrew the B-screw to the point where the chain is touching the frame
  3. Slowly start turning the B-screw until the chain becomes taught.
  4. You should now be very close to having the B-screw set properly. Give it a test ride and if you still have trouble try turning it a quarter turn in either direction until it is smooth again.
I hope this helps someone!