Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Exercise Bike for Zwift?

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Best Exercise Bike for Zwift?

Old 01-05-23, 03:35 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3078 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,005 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
That would work fine, but now you can buy a Kickr Smart Bike for $2k it's a no-brainer for a high quality, hassle free solution unless you specifically needed another road bike.

i.e.

Kickr Bike ($2000)
Apple TV ($100)
32" TV ($150)
Just to be clear, there are no $2k Kickr bikes. Wahoo had the Kickr v1 on sale for $3k, not for $2k. That’s $1k over the OP’s budget and without any of the stuff they’d need to run Zwift.
Old 01-05-23, 05:26 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked 2,913 Times in 1,781 Posts
The Stages bike was at one time on sale and would have been in OP's range.
Old 01-06-23, 07:35 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,713 Times in 2,911 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Just to be clear, there are no $2k Kickr bikes. Wahoo had the Kickr v1 on sale for $3k, not for $2k. That’s $1k over the OP’s budget and without any of the stuff they’d need to run Zwift.
Ah that makes more sense. I thought it was a bit too good to be true!

Over here in the UK the Kickr Bike is usually the most expensive of the Smart Bikes by a fair margin, although there are some good sale deals at the moment. As other alternatives, the Stages SB20 and Tacx Neo bikes are usually prettty good value when on sale. But could be a different story over the pond. Smart bikes are definitely an expensive option, but tick the ultimate convenience box.
Old 01-06-23, 10:00 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3078 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,005 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Ah that makes more sense. I thought it was a bit too good to be true!

Over here in the UK the Kickr Bike is usually the most expensive of the Smart Bikes by a fair margin, although there are some good sale deals at the moment. As other alternatives, the Stages SB20 and Tacx Neo bikes are usually prettty good value when on sale. But could be a different story over the pond. Smart bikes are definitely an expensive option, but tick the ultimate convenience box.
Stages is on sale now at $2.5k, and as I noted upthread, the Tacx is as well. So both are already $500 over the OP’s budget without a Zwift solution.

Restating what I said in post #2, what the OP asked for doesn’t exist.

We can talk about alternatives, of course, but with the OP ghosting the thread, it’s anyone’s guess as to what the OP would find acceptable.
Old 01-06-23, 10:11 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,713 Times in 2,911 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Stages is on sale now at $2.5k, and as I noted upthread, the Tacx is as well. So both are already $500 over the OP’s budget without a Zwift solution.

Restating what I said in post #2, what the OP asked for doesn’t exist.

We can talk about alternatives, of course, but with the OP ghosting the thread, it’s anyone’s guess as to what the OP would find acceptable.
Yeah it all depends how flexible the OP's budget is.