Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

How come I get booted off so quickly?

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 01-28-23, 04:09 PM
Telkwa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Even if it's a fairly short reply, I get booted off the forum quickly. Like, less than 10 minutes. Then I have to Copy, reload, log back in, and Paste.

Is there some setting I'm missing?
Old 01-29-23, 09:47 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
Yes, when you log in, click the "remember me" box. I'm not sure how cookie blockers work with that, but I have one and it seems to ignore this.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 01-29-23, 01:47 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Unless you are using a public computer in a library or somewhere else, then just check the "remember me" box at the login. There isn't anything here that will make it a security issue or any other issue other than maybe your spouse or children making some posts that are marked with your member name.
Old 01-29-23, 06:53 PM
Telkwa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
OK thanks guys -
I usually do not click on "remember me" type stuff but if you say there's no security issues I'll go ahead and do that. I've visited lots of forums over the years and occasionally have to log in again but Bike Forums kicks me off way faster than typical.
Old 01-30-23, 11:14 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Nope, no tangible security issues. Now if this was a site with saved credit card information that you could make purchases with, then maybe an issue. If the site is your bank or investment account holders, then that is a really big issue.

Though a large extent is where the computer or device you are accessing it from is and who else has access to it.

The "remember me" is device and browser specific. So if you enable that on your personal computer, then if won't affect what you have it set to on your phone or other computing device anywhere else. And when you clear the browser cache on that device you'll have to check that box and log in again to the site. Though if you use Google device manager it'll clear the cache on all the devices you may have set persistent cookies. (the remember me is a persistent cookie). Though that also depends on what you tell google to do when it clears the browser cache.

And sometimes persistent cookies have a expiration date. And I think the BF one does. So at some future date, even if you don't clear the cache you'll have to sign in again.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-30-23 at 11:27 AM.