Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Scott Addict Gravel 30 vs Contessa Addict Gravel 15

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-22, 05:34 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts

The cheaper bike is lighter by about a pound. They both use HMF Carbon and have the same group set and wheel set/tire combo. Anyone know why the SCOTT ADDICT GRAVEL 30 is $1,0000 more?

SCOTT ADDICT GRAVEL 30 vs CONTESSA ADDICT GRAVEL 15

SCOTT ADDICT GRAVEL 30 BIKE $3,999.99
https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/p...icle=286454056
APPROX WEIGHTS IN KG 9.20
APPROX WEIGHTS IN LBS 20.28

Addict Gravel Disc HMF Carbon Frame
Addict Gravel Disc HMF Fork
Shimano GRX RX810/600 Disc 22 Speed
Syncros RP2.0 Disc Wheels
Schwalbe G-ONE Bite Tires

WHEELSET Syncros RP2.0 Disc Syncros SL Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool

TIRES chwalbe G-ONE Bite Performance 700x45C

SCOTT CONTESSA ADDICT GRAVEL 15 BIKE $2,999.99
https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/p...gravel-15-bike
APPROX WEIGHTS IN KG 8.69
APPROX WEIGHTS IN LBS 19.16

Addict Gravel Disc HMF Carbon Frame
Addict Gravel Disc HMF Fork
Shimano GRX RX810 Disc 22 Speed
Syncros RP2.0 Disc Wheels
Schwalbe G-ONE Bite Tires

WHEELSET Syncros RP2.0 Disc Syncros SL Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool

TIRE Schwalbe G-ONE Bite Performance 700x45C
Old 04-22-22, 01:00 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,489 Times in 4,189 Posts
Odd.
The Contessa is an addict 15 while the men's is an addict 30, though that clearly means nothing since there is no 30 in Contessa and no 15 in men's. They look identical in spec besides saddle. Must be one heck of a saddle on the men's bike.

Its usually the women's offerings that are questionably more expensive.
Old 04-22-22, 02:13 PM
sean.hwy

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Odd.
The Contessa is an addict 15 while the men's is an addict 30, though that clearly means nothing since there is no 30 in Contessa and no 15 in men's. They look identical in spec besides saddle. Must be one heck of a saddle on the men's bike.

Its usually the women's offerings that are questionably more expensive.

Is the CONTESSA the women's bike for Scott like Liv for Giant and Juliana for Santa Cruz ?
Old 04-22-22, 02:20 PM
sean.hwy

I see what I did. Looks like when I searched for reviews on the "SCOTT CONTESSA ADDICT GRAVEL 15"

sometimes the link would take me to the Scott Addict which always have pictures of guys reviewing the bike.

I guess they make there frames stronger for the men. Either that or it's typo in the weight for one/both of them.
Old 04-22-22, 03:04 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by sean.hwy
Is the CONTESSA the women's bike for Scott like Liv for Giant and Juliana for Santa Cruz ?
Yes, Contessa is the women's side of Scott bikes. https://www.scott-sports.com/us/en/c...ure-collection

With that said, there is literally not a single difference in frame geometry for the XS, S, M, and L sizes of the men's and women's frames. Every single measurement is the same. The only difference between bikes is that the men's sizes have stems that are 10mm longer in the XS, S, and M sizes.
Personally, this is absolutely absurd to see. If it is all the same, just offer up the bike in a couple different paint schemes and be done. Calling one a 'women's bike' is a total joke. This just reminds me of a few years ago when Scott's gravel bike was just their CX bike with flare bars. Scott simply rebadged the thing and threw it on the market as their gravel offering.

Oh well. If its a really good bike for you in terms of fit and feel, buy it even if its a women's version. The paint looks good enough to me.
Old 04-22-22, 08:55 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4353 Post(s)
Liked 3,992 Times in 2,664 Posts
I am guessing the weight was not verified by yourself or at least an actual scale so I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you have verified it you should post those pictures assuming they are both the same size and set up the same (or as close to it as possible)

Otherwise weight of some random something doesn't matter you don't know what they are measuring or not measuring and what is on it and what isn't. I wouldn't trust any company with weight unless they have verified it.
Old 04-25-22, 03:29 PM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
True they seem identically spec wise but a 1lb for a high end bike is a massive difference and for some well worth $1K. $1K+ carbon rims won't save you a pound.
Old 04-25-22, 05:31 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by Jrasero
True they seem identically spec wise but a 1lb for a high end bike is a massive difference and for some well worth $1K. $1K+ carbon rims won't save you a pound.
if you have stock wheels that weigh 2000g(very realistic) and pay $1000 to replace them with wheels that weigh 1500g(also very realistic), you save...over 1#.
Old 04-26-22, 01:33 AM
sean.hwy

It's weird that the much cheaper bike is the lighter one.
Old 04-26-22, 07:34 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 89 Posts
That is true but a bike at this price range no bike should have 2000g wheels and if they do, then you are simply buying the wrong bike

A bike at this range normally comes with like a DT1800 which is 1630g for a disc wheelset. These Syncros RP2.0 are 1740g which doesn't surprise me since Syncros stuff is always a tad heavy. For $1000 for a carbon wheelset, the lightest readily available wheelset I know of is the the Hunt 35 Aero Carbon at 1357g. That's 383g which to your point is close to a lb but still .8lbs.

Maybe weight doesn't matter especially for a gravel bike, but for me at $3000-$4000 I want it at 19lbs or less, but that's just my preference

I am not sure if OP is male or female, but logically you would think just getting the Contessa regardless of the gender makes more sense, but correct me if I am wrong but the resell on women specific bikes is much less?

Last edited by Jrasero; 04-26-22 at 07:56 AM.