Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

First impressions of Sram Force AXS.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-21, 06:40 PM
Dean V

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked 259 Times in 153 Posts

I recently got a 2020 Giant TCR with this groupset.
I have basically had bikes with all the other main groupset types so was keen to try this.
Have been impressed so far. I like the gearing 48/35 and 10-28.
You can ride a lot of terrain on the big chainring but the 35 is also very useful too. More like the 39 on a standard crank in usability but with lower gearing available.
Not like a 34 compact which I find results in a lot of cross chaining on the flat and really only useful uphill.
The shifting is precise just slightly slower than di2, but I haven't found that to be a problem at all.
The paddles on both hands to shift the rear mech took a small amount of time to get used to and it obviously means you need your left hand available to downshift.
The twin press required for a front shift works well and has the added bonus of being able to leave one paddle depressed slightly longer to move the rear mech after the front shift if desired.
I know Sram hydros have a bad rep but so far they have been fine. Great feel and no rubbing even after hard use on fast descents.
Likes For Dean V: