Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Going rate for a 9 speed Record groupset?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 06-24-22, 04:44 AM
Mackers

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 139 Posts

Looking at buying a bike that comes with this group set but have no interest in riding 9 speed

From the pictures everything still looks minty, the usual rust on the rear derailleur's limit screws though, carbon front plate, Silver D brake set with faded markings, silver front derailleur, carbon Ergopowers, wheel set with the OS silver hubs with rubbish Rigida rims but with the original quick releases.
The one fly in the ointment is that the crank set has been replaced with something black, compact and Power-Torquey. (Could substitute with a silver Record from my stash but would like to keep my dwindling stash of square taper axles intact.)
Seat post looks like the fluted version of the dart.
Old 06-24-22, 10:18 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 958 Times in 625 Posts
Anytime you are looking for parts value, the best route is just look at completed auctions on eBay that have SOLD. Ignore asking prices. Subtract about 20% in fees.

Selling parts like this locally is a non starter in my market.

Last edited by wrk101; 06-24-22 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-24-22, 11:53 AM
Mackers

What has sold on Ebay recently is only partially comparable.
(earlier versions, mixed with Chorus, or mixed with 8 speed parts)

I'll probably sell through the Campagnolo Parts FB group so I'll have a somewhat worldwide audience.
Trying to sell as a complete group set to minimize hassle, not necessarily looking for the best price.
Old 06-24-22, 12:09 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,838 Times in 608 Posts
I just paid $490 after taxes and shipping for a full Chorus 9-speed groupset with post-'97 ergo shifters on eBay. There were a lot of people watching the advertisement despite it being a recent listing and everything appears to be in excellent condition. On the seller's side after eBay and Paypal fees he probably came out with $350 or so? I sure miss the days when an eBay transaction used to more closely resemble a cash deal... To think that about 1/4 of the money that changed hands went into taxes and fees!

-Gregory

Old 06-24-22, 01:11 PM
m.c. 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
I think I was watching this one. I remember the champagne cork.

Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
I just paid $490 after taxes and shipping for a full Chorus 9-speed groupset with post-'97 ergo shifters on eBay. There were a lot of people watching the advertisement despite it being a recent listing and everything appears to be in excellent condition. On the seller's side after eBay and Paypal fees he probably came out with $350 or so? I sure miss the days when an eBay transaction used to more closely resemble a cash deal... To think that about 1/4 of the money that changed hands went into taxes and fees!

-Gregory

Old 06-24-22, 01:57 PM
Mackers

That model crank set is the most elegant Campagnolo ever made i.m.o.