Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

iPhone vs Garmin/Wahoo

Old 08-20-22, 12:00 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,684 Times in 2,508 Posts
I keep thinking about using my bone conduction headset. I wish my garmin would talk to it
Old 09-25-22, 01:31 PM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Try IpBike. Android only. Basically a Garmin without the Strava integration but much more configurable. I use it with my HTC One Plus before switching to a Sony Activity then finally to a Garmin. It'll support Ant+ if you have it. The phones battery life were poor. I got around 4 hours at best and normally ran them with a power backup most of the time. The only thing that pushed me to a Garmin is the touchscreen or dealing with one when wet (not just due to the weather).

Last edited by kcjc; 09-25-22 at 02:42 PM.