Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

Alt scrap heap bikes

Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

Alt scrap heap bikes

Old 08-14-21, 02:44 PM
macstuff 

Bikes: A Blue One and 2 Green One's, then there's the Yellow one. And oh, yeah, a Black One. Did I mention the Red One?

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 79 Posts
Alt scrap heap bikes

Its been a year since I went and got a pile of bikes / frames and a few piles of other bike parts.
Sold a lot of parts and scrapped a bunch of parts and made a few bikes out of the parts that otherwise would have ended up scrapped.
There were several rollers that were rusted and or bent. Several bare frames, wheels and a couple totes of forks, seats and other parts. Even had some vintage pre-wear parts and 5 springer forks so it was all very interesting.
Over-all Im happy with how it all turned out. I made very little money on the deal but had a great time making bikes. I only had to buy tires, tubes, paint and decals,
They all fit into the Alt bike catagory now, but I and the people that now own them really like them, So I guess that's all that counts.

This first one turned out to be a 1959 Royce Union, Lord Royce model. I still have this one because I like it as an unusual. cantilever frame and style.
A 3-piece crank and Double twin cantilever frame (top bar is double also).

This one had been powder coated orange and had a lot of different parts on it. Turned out it was a 1957 frame so I went back to the day with the resto.

Likes For macstuff:
Old 08-14-21, 03:38 PM
macstuff 

Bikes: A Blue One and 2 Green One's, then there's the Yellow one. And oh, yeah, a Black One. Did I mention the Red One?

A couple more...

This one started out as a bare rusty frame that had 3 colors over the original wherever there was any paint left.
It is a 71' Typhoon frame. Now its a Lemon Cruiser...

This one was a plain jane 67' speedster camelback 17" frame bike. Un-exciting as an original one speed.
Now re-imagined as a two-speed with a bunch of other better parts on it I've had laying around. I had a set of SuperSport decals that were messed up that I cut the "Sport" off of but I'll probably change the down-tube decal to Speedster after a while. Its a keeper.

Likes For macstuff:
Old 08-14-21, 04:53 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 254 Posts
You do great work. Very creative , your color choices are outstanding

I have never understood the fascination that so many people had sixty plus years ago with those dang "helper" springer forks because they don't do a damn thing. It was just a useless do-dad that dressed up an ordinary bike and allowed the bike retailer or Schwinn store to make more profit on said bicycle. The fools over on the c.a.b.e. forum site just go ga-ga over those useless things and other dress-up items like tanks etc.
Likes For Vintage Schwinn:
Old 08-14-21, 04:59 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked 1,595 Times in 1,021 Posts
These bike never looked so good... Great!
Old 08-15-21, 06:05 AM
macstuff 

Heres a Huffy frame that had some previous fiberglass work done to it. My son did this one, and for a Rat Lowrider its pretty sweet.

Old 11-18-21, 09:20 PM
Fastfingaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn
You do great work. Very creative , your color choices are outstanding

I have never understood the fascination that so many people had sixty plus years ago with those dang "helper" springer forks because they don't do a damn thing. It was just a useless do-dad that dressed up an ordinary bike and allowed the bike retailer or Schwinn store to make more profit on said bicycle. The fools over on the c.a.b.e. forum site just go ga-ga over those useless things and other dress-up items like tanks etc.
,,,,,, yeah but all that just adds to your Cool Factor ,,, you might not have too much ,,, but you're right ....
Old 12-09-21, 12:29 PM
HookUp

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
very nice work Mac
Old 12-17-21, 06:18 AM
genezimer

Quoted: 2 Post(s)