Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

1UP Bike Carrier Replacement / Spare Lock Keys - FOUND! ILCO 1605

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-21, 04:30 PM
zorax2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

1UP unfortunately does not provide any information for replacement keys for their bike locks and you cannot get matching key blanks at any hardware store. Home Depot or even many locksmiths. With that, I thought I'd post information here in case someone else has a hard time finding a way to get a replacement or spare key made.

The key blank needed is the ILCO 1605. You can find these on eBay and Amazon. The locksmith I used said they do not put this key on any of their mobile locksmithing vehicles as they aren't common. He suggested that many locksmiths will not necessarily carry this particular blank in stock. Knowing the key blank code (ILCO 1605) will allow you to call ahead to make sure the locksmith has the key in stock or you can bring your own blank if you find one online.

I'm using this with the 1-UP Slotted Hitch Bar Lock but I think this is the blank needed for their other locks as well.
Old 01-12-21, 04:39 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,966 Times in 1,915 Posts
iirc, those fit tonneau cover/truck cap locks too.
Old 01-12-21, 05:26 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by zorax2
1UP unfortunately does not provide any information for replacement keys for their bike locks and you cannot get matching key blanks at any hardware store. Home Depot or even many locksmiths. With that, I thought I'd post information here in case someone else has a hard time finding a way to get a replacement or spare key made.

The key blank needed is the ILCO 1605. You can find these on eBay and Amazon. The locksmith I used said they do not put this key on any of their mobile locksmithing vehicles as they aren't common. He suggested that many locksmiths will not necessarily carry this particular blank in stock. Knowing the key blank code (ILCO 1605) will allow you to call ahead to make sure the locksmith has the key in stock or you can bring your own blank if you find one online.

I'm using this with the 1-UP Slotted Hitch Bar Lock but I think this is the blank needed for their other locks as well.
that is one of my issues with 1Up about getting matching locks if you don't get them all at once. I am going to order a single rack right now, but will buy the lock for the 2nd bike for down the road, just in case. Thanks for the heads up.