Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New vintage bicycle e-magazine: Cyclopast

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-20, 09:58 PM
TenGrainBread 

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 336 Posts

Someone on Classic Rendezvous tipped me off to a fantastic new e-magazine about vintage bikes, collectors, and "keeper of the flame" framebuilders: https://gumroad.com/l/cyclopastissue1

For a little under $7 you get a beautiful 40 page magazine (in PDF form). I believe the editors are based in TaiwanThe editors are based in France. Tons of interesting stuff in here and it's full of beautiful lay-out and photographs.

I'm in no way associated with the magazine, just heard about it today, but after skimming through I had to share.

Last edited by TenGrainBread; 05-08-20 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-08-20, 07:56 AM
Cyclopast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 17 Posts
Thanks you sir ! I'm Ernest from Cyclopast. I'm glad you liked our magazine.
We are actually located in France, we are French. But we spend a lot of time in Asia especially Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
We really hope that all of you will enjoy, our goal is to highlight people from the vintage cycling community: collectors, business owner, or specific brands.
Thanks again for your support!

See you all for the second volume in September, if you already catch the first issue!
Old 05-08-20, 04:46 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 661 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclopast
Thanks you sir ! I'm Ernest from Cyclopast. I'm glad you liked our magazine.
We are actually located in France, we are French. But we spend a lot of time in Asia especially Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
We really hope that all of you will enjoy, our goal is to highlight people from the vintage cycling community: collectors, business owner, or specific brands.
Thanks again for your support!

See you all for the second volume in September, if you already catch the first issue!
I would still like to catch teh first issue! Please share the contact link. I think on this site you would need to share it via PM.
Likes For Road Fan:
Old 05-08-20, 05:33 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
I would still like to catch teh first issue! Please share the contact link. I think on this site you would need to share it via PM.
The link is in TenGrainBread ‘s post. Reposting here: https://gumroad.com/l/cyclopastissue1
Old 05-10-20, 07:42 AM
Cyclopast

Thanks you all for your support. It means a lot to us!

Don't hesitate to give us feedback, we try every time to send you a little e_mail asking for the feedback

Have a great day ahead!
Old 05-11-20, 10:14 AM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts
Cyclopast is there a annual subscription available? $8 seems a little pricey for a PDF E-magazine. let us know and share the URL for this subscription if it exists.
THANKS
Old 05-11-20, 01:39 PM
Cyclopast

Originally Posted by mgopack42
Cyclopast is there an annual subscription available? $8 seems a little pricey for a PDF E-magazine. let us know and share the URL for this subscription if it exists.
THANKS
Hello sir,
An annual subscription will be available next year, as I would like to see how many magazines I can produce in a year before doing a subscription.
Our Facebook page also offers a great amount of 100% free content, articles are less detailed but still very interesting. We have a weekly update.
A lot more is coming to give you the best reading experience possible
Thank you very much for your support and feedback.
Old 10-12-20, 04:19 AM
Cyclopast

Hi there!

After a few months since the last volume, I'm happy to present the second volume.
This time, due to COVID, I was stuck in Europe ( France exactly). It was a great opportunity to meet local passionate and collectors. I have moved to two events, meet a frame builder, a coffee master, two collectors from France.
I was also lucky to travel to Italy to meet the owner of Fuchs (a famous brand rode by Fiorenzo Magni) we visited the Ghisallo Museum, Masi workshop, and Renesto workshop in the north of Milan.
Before starting the second magazine, I also buy a new camera. Because most of the bicycle collections I visited are indoor, light is very low. It was very complicated to take great pictures. So I will say that in this second magazine shots are much better.
In total there 79 pages of exclusive content. An invitation to travel in France and Italy, but also to meet people who are, like you and me, passionate. There is also a great and detailed article on coffee roasting, as I met a passionate who happens to be a coffee roaster since 10yrs.
I hope you will enjoy this new volume. I'm already preparing for the next one. Hoping for borders to open too.
Have a great day !
Old 10-12-20, 03:31 PM
TenGrainBread 

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 650 Times in 336 Posts
Thanks Ernest. I will pick up the second issue.
Old 10-12-20, 03:35 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,995 Posts
I purchased the second issue. Not ready to comment.
Old 10-14-20, 03:15 AM
Cyclopast

Thanks you for your support.
Hope you will enjoy the content.
Don't hesitate to write us (email / FB or even here) your feedback and what was your preferred article
Old 10-16-20, 10:24 AM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,995 Posts
Not on FB and no describable email address when I looked.

the editors could look at doing an article on Bob Jackson before they close up shop.
Old 10-22-20, 05:42 AM
Cyclopast

Hello repechage
We are on Facebook, we have a Facebook page called Cyclopast ( not sure if I can post the link here )
Our email address, for now, is available on our Facebook page too.
We will take a look at Bob Jackson, we have a few readers who talk to us about this famous shop.
Thanks for your support!
Old 02-21-21, 01:54 PM
Cyclopast

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post some updates about our next volume.
We have a few crispy subjects, here are some photos (can not post finally, need to do more posts :/ ) we took during our visits.

We visited Briko Bike in Toulon (FR) a huge webshop owned by a passionate guy. He has a fantastic collection of bikes with some specialties from the south of France!

We also give a visit to a small collector in Toulon. Again there are some very rare bikes. The kind of under radar one like this Mercet.

Then we moved to Toulouse to meet the new owner and producer of Ideale saddle. The story is breathtaking, we are super excited to share it with you! It takes him 10 years to get this impressive result!

A little visit to Caminade in Perpignan (FR) They are doing Titanium tailormade bike. Something to tag along with the keeper of the flame. But also for us an occasion to dig in the story of Caminade Caminargent!

We bought a book to complete the story on Caminade. Nathalie "Lily" Sergueiew did 6000 km on this so-called " spaghetti" bike!

We also have an extended test of the Mexico touring shoes from Prooü. We did almost 1000 km with them since November!

That all for now we guess. Everything is kind of slow down due to covid but the third volume should be available in April. There are still other surprises.
We also wrote a lot of articles on different cycling brands, we hope to get time this year or next year to release a kind of glossary from A to Z with one
article per letter on a famous cycling brand: Atala / Boeris / Chesini ... Zullo

Thanks for your interest! Hope everyone is doing great!

See you !

Ernest from Cyclopast
Old 02-21-21, 01:57 PM
Cyclopast

Here are the pictures

We visited Briko Bike in Toulon (FR) a huge webshop owned by a passionate guy. He has a fantastic collection of bikes with some specialties from the south of France!

We also give a visit to a small collector in Toulon. Again there are some very rare bikes. The kind of under radar one like this Mercet.

Then we moved to Toulouse to meet the new owner and producer of Ideale saddle. The story is breathtaking, we are super excited to share it with you! It takes him 10 years to get this impressive result!

A little visit to Caminade in Perpignan (FR) They are doing Titanium tailormade bike. Something to tag along with the keeper of the flame. But also for us an occasion to dig in the story of Caminade Caminargent!

We bought a book to complete the story on Caminade. Nathalie "Lily" Sergueiew did 6000 km on this so-called " spaghetti" bike!

We also have an extended test of the Mexico touring shoes from Prooü. We did almost 1000 km with them since November!
Old 09-19-21, 06:54 AM
francois71

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks amazing already, can't wait to receive it!
Old 09-24-21, 04:20 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
Man, I hope the print type comes to the states. Anything is better then Bicycle.
Old 09-24-21, 06:39 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
Love following you guys on Facebook and seeing your updates. Keep posting!
Old 09-29-21, 06:46 AM
Cyclopast

Hey, thank you so much. The first week saw a lot of interest in our project. Unfortunately, the platform, Kickstarter, didn't bring as much traffic as expected. So now we are kind of stuck at 27%.

BUT IT IS NOT A PROBLEM

We are already looking for a solution to release a few magazines, like 30 exemplaries, and ship them to the people who express their interest on the Kickstarter. The only regret will be that at 30 exemplars we can not do Risograph. Risograph is an expensive process for low quantity because there is a lot of maintenance to print. The cost of this maintenance can be absorbed in big quantities but will short series it is impossible.
Therefore for 30 exemplars, we are going to print with a regular method. Yet again that's not the end of it. We will retry a crowdfunding campaign for Issue 4 and so on until we reach our goal.

We have time. A solid team. A strong passion. And most of all an amazing community to support us. It is just a matter of time before we can produce exactly what we want!

Again thanks for your message!

See you on our Facebook page
Old 09-29-21, 06:48 AM
Cyclopast

Thank you so much!

We really love to share weekly content with you guys, it is a real pleasure to discover new things also thanks to you.
Don't hesitate to drop a message if you have something to show or share.

The year 2021 has been amazing thanks to the amazing vintage cycling community!
Old 09-29-21, 08:32 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Originally Posted by Cyclopast
Hey, thank you so much. The first week saw a lot of interest in our project. Unfortunately, the platform, Kickstarter, didn't bring as much traffic as expected. So now we are kind of stuck at 27%.

BUT IT IS NOT A PROBLEM

We are already looking for a solution to release a few magazines, like 30 exemplaries, and ship them to the people who express their interest on the Kickstarter. The only regret will be that at 30 exemplars we can not do Risograph. Risograph is an expensive process for low quantity because there is a lot of maintenance to print. The cost of this maintenance can be absorbed in big quantities but will short series it is impossible.
Therefore for 30 exemplars, we are going to print with a regular method. Yet again that's not the end of it. We will retry a crowdfunding campaign for Issue 4 and so on until we reach our goal.

We have time. A solid team. A strong passion. And most of all an amazing community to support us. It is just a matter of time before we can produce exactly what we want!

Again thanks for your message!

See you on our Facebook page
Can you send me the link again to purchase the previous issues?
thanks
Old 09-29-21, 08:37 AM
Cyclopast

Sure!

Here are the two first version: https://app.gumroad.com/cyclopast

By the way, a digital version of the third issue will also be available here after we print and ship the printed edition.
We also hope to have time next year to rework the issue 1 & 2 and be able to print them in a bundle.

Let's see how it goes later!

Here is a short GIF preview of the third issue. The digital version will look like this too <3

Thanks for your support Gthomson. I see you have a few interesting bikes too!
Likes For Cyclopast:
Old 09-29-21, 08:47 AM
gthomson

Great thanks, will get out and buy them. I still like to flip through glossy pages but will check it out.

Thanks, not up to the same level as the bikes you show but they keep me happy and healthy
Old 09-29-21, 08:54 AM
Cyclopast

We love to flip glossy pages too!
For bikes it is not about the level it is about passion and joy they bring you. Despite we show expensive and prestigious bike in our magazine, we prefer little brands for ourself. The last build done is a Rochet, a simple " demi-course" bicycle.
Still, plenty of work to do on it !
Here is a picture of this weekend.

Absolutely non-sense build with a mix match of parts. But love it already!
Likes For Cyclopast:
Old 10-05-21, 03:30 AM
elboomero

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
nice poncho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.